- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere out for a minimum of 12 weeks, possibly four months [Sun & Mirror]
- Policewomen tried blackmailing Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard after she stole CCTV film of a brawl [Sun]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
Dutch drama: Daniel Guijo-Velasco delivers the Nazi salute
Controversy has broken out in Holland after Helmond’s Daniel Guijo-Velasco (pictured) was caught on camera delivering the Nazi salute against RBC Roosendaal in the first division match from Holland on Friday night.
The 24-year-old Belgian Guijo-Velasco twice raised his arm to gesture against RBC’s midfielder Mels van Driel, with the referee failing to take any action on either occasion. And when questioned about the actions after the match, Guijo-Velasco defended his behaviour by claiming that Van Driel was acting like “a German.”
Helmond have since punished Guijo-Velasco with an internal suspension.
Footage of Guijo-Velasco delivering the Nazi salute can be seen here.
- Updated: November 30, 2008