- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Dutch drama: Daniel Guijo-Velasco delivers the Nazi salute
Controversy has broken out in Holland after Helmond’s Daniel Guijo-Velasco (pictured) was caught on camera delivering the Nazi salute against RBC Roosendaal in the first division match from Holland on Friday night.
The 24-year-old Belgian Guijo-Velasco twice raised his arm to gesture against RBC’s midfielder Mels van Driel, with the referee failing to take any action on either occasion. And when questioned about the actions after the match, Guijo-Velasco defended his behaviour by claiming that Van Driel was acting like “a German.”
Helmond have since punished Guijo-Velasco with an internal suspension.
Footage of Guijo-Velasco delivering the Nazi salute can be seen here.
- Updated: November 30, 2008