Dutch drama: Daniel Guijo-Velasco delivers the Nazi salute
- November 30, 2008
Controversy has broken out in Holland after Helmond’s Daniel Guijo-Velasco (pictured) was caught on camera delivering the Nazi salute against RBC Roosendaal in the first division match from Holland on Friday night.
The 24-year-old Belgian Guijo-Velasco twice raised his arm to gesture against RBC’s midfielder Mels van Driel, with the referee failing to take any action on either occasion. And when questioned about the actions after the match, Guijo-Velasco defended his behaviour by claiming that Van Driel was acting like “a German.”
Helmond have since punished Guijo-Velasco with an internal suspension.
Footage of Guijo-Velasco delivering the Nazi salute can be seen here.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...