Dutch drama: Daniel Guijo-Velasco delivers the Nazi salute
- November 30, 2008
Controversy has broken out in Holland after Helmond’s Daniel Guijo-Velasco (pictured) was caught on camera delivering the Nazi salute against RBC Roosendaal in the first division match from Holland on Friday night.
The 24-year-old Belgian Guijo-Velasco twice raised his arm to gesture against RBC’s midfielder Mels van Driel, with the referee failing to take any action on either occasion. And when questioned about the actions after the match, Guijo-Velasco defended his behaviour by claiming that Van Driel was acting like “a German.”
Helmond have since punished Guijo-Velasco with an internal suspension.
Footage of Guijo-Velasco delivering the Nazi salute can be seen here.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi