Duncan Watmore scores an incredible solo golazo for Altrincham v Corby Town
- February 11, 2013
A sensational solo golazo was scored in the Blue Square Bet North on Saturday in England.
Altrincham picked up a 2-1 home win over Corby Town, and the Moss Lane crowd were treated to a wonder-winner from Duncan Whatmore on the stroke of halftime.
The action started deep in the Robins own half in the 44th minute.
Corby, looking to arrest a run of two straight defeats, began the sequence of events when they forged an attack down the left hand side.
After getting close to the corner flag, Corby’s number 17 looked for help by chipping a ball towards the edge of the Altrincham box, and incredibly within seconds the visitors have conceded.
Altrincham’s 19-year striker Duncan Watmore, son of former FA chief executive Ian Watmore, first touched the ball on the edge of his area when clearing the Corby attack.
Then, after playing a 1-2 with a teammate and regaining possession a meter away from the halfway-line, the teenager put his head down an went on an incredible run on goal.
Tricking his way past two defenders in his moment of magic, Watmore delivered a cool left footed finish for one of the goals of the weekend.
Enjoy Duncan Watmor’s golazo below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi