DR Congo keeper Muteba Kidiaba grabs the spotlight (again!) for his famous bum bounce celebration
- January 21, 2013
Plenty of johnny-come-latelys were falling over themselves on Sunday after watching DR Congo keeper Muteba Kidiaba roll out his famous bum bounce goal celebration at AFCON 2013.
The truth is, however, that Kidiaba has been bouncing on his arse for many years now.
Kidiaba, now 36, first came to many people’s attentions at the 2010 Club World Cup. One of the biggest story of the competition was the success of Congolese club side TP Mazembe who lost in the final to Inter Milan, as their goalie Kidiaba entertained everyone with his bum bounce after every goal his team scored at the games.
Perhaps the funniest rendition of Kidiaba’s celebration occurred in the 2011 CAF Super Cup between TP Mazembe and FUS Rabat. After a goalless match the game went to penalties, and Kidiaba was able to perform his bum bunny-hop twice in quick succession as he first saved a Moroccan penalty before immediately following it up with the winning spot-kick in the shootout.
Muteba Kidiaba proved how infectious his celebration was in 2011 also. At the African Nations Championship, which is a little be like the African Cup of Nations younger brother, Tunisia knocked out Congo in the quarterfinals, and the north Africans celebrated their victory by taking the piss out of the goalie’s celebration.
With that history laid out, watch a GIF of Muteba Kidiaba’s bouncing bum celebration v Ghana from last Sunday below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...