- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
DR Congo keeper Muteba Kidiaba grabs the spotlight (again!) for his famous bum bounce celebration
Plenty of johnny-come-latelys were falling over themselves on Sunday after watching DR Congo keeper Muteba Kidiaba roll out his famous bum bounce goal celebration at AFCON 2013.
The truth is, however, that Kidiaba has been bouncing on his arse for many years now.
Kidiaba, now 36, first came to many people’s attentions at the 2010 Club World Cup. One of the biggest story of the competition was the success of Congolese club side TP Mazembe who lost in the final to Inter Milan, as their goalie Kidiaba entertained everyone with his bum bounce after every goal his team scored at the games.
Perhaps the funniest rendition of Kidiaba’s celebration occurred in the 2011 CAF Super Cup between TP Mazembe and FUS Rabat. After a goalless match the game went to penalties, and Kidiaba was able to perform his bum bunny-hop twice in quick succession as he first saved a Moroccan penalty before immediately following it up with the winning spot-kick in the shootout.
Muteba Kidiaba proved how infectious his celebration was in 2011 also. At the African Nations Championship, which is a little be like the African Cup of Nations younger brother, Tunisia knocked out Congo in the quarterfinals, and the north Africans celebrated their victory by taking the piss out of the goalie’s celebration.
With that history laid out, watch a GIF of Muteba Kidiaba’s bouncing bum celebration v Ghana from last Sunday below.
- Updated: January 21, 2013