Dortmund forced to get shirt from club shop due to Sven Bender’s broken nose v Napoli
- November 28, 2013
Sven Bender put in a heroic shift for Borussia Dortmund in their crucial win over Napoli on Tuesday night.
Forced to play in central defence, due to injuries to the likes of Neven Subotic and Mats Hummels, Bender picked up a broken nose, with blood streaming down his face, but refused to come off.
Enigmatic Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp was full of praise for Bender post match and revealed the lengths the Bundesliga side had to go to, in order to ensure he stayed on the pitch.
UEFA rules do not permit blood on a players’ shirt and Bender was forced to change three times during the 3-1 Champions League win over Napoli.
Klopp: “It was important that he (Bender) stayed on because of his performance. It was a great game for him and we had to change his bloodied shirt several times. The last one we got from the club shop.”
Video of Sven Bender with the broken nose, blood streaming down his face and going off to change his shirt is below.
- Borussia Dortmund win pre-season exhibition 17-0 [Video Highlights]
- Ilkay Gundogan scored a beauty in Dortmund’s 5-0 pre-season win over VFL Rhede [H...
- Man United fans react to Ilkay Gundogan’s decision to sign on at Borussia Dortmun...
- Borussia Dortmund release 2015/2016 home kit with video ft. Reus & Kagawa
- The top 5 goals of Arsenal target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in 2014-15 [Official Video]
- Arsenal prepare €40m offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Chelsea also keen [Bild]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi