Dorados keeper Alfredo Frausto scores an injury time equaliser v Correcaminos UAT in the Mexican Cup final
- November 1, 2012
A fairytale moment occurred in the Mexican Cup final on Wednesday night.
Second divisioners Correcaminos UAT thought they were about to lift the trophy when they held a 2-1 lead going into injury time, as well as a two man advantage after their opponents had two players sent off in regulation time. Visitors Dorados, however, piled on late pressure, and a 91st minute corner produced a heroic goalscorer.
With Correcaminos unable to clear their lines sufficiently from the set-play, Dorados 29-year-old keeper Alfredo Frausto was able swing a shot on target and incredibly the ball hit the back of the net.
The final eventually went to penalties, where Dorados emerged as 5-4 victors in a thrilling cup tie.
Watch Dorados keeper Alfredo Frausto score his 91st minute equaliser below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”254271″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...