Done Deal: Tottenham sign Erik Lamela from Roma for €30m, fee could rise by €5m
- August 28, 2013
Tottenham have their man!
AS Roma officially announced on Wednesday afternoon that Erik Lamela has joined Tottenham for €30m. Spurs may have to pay an additional €5m in the future based on performance-related bonuses.
Roma also announced that they have moved quickly to fill Lamela’s gap in their squad as the Giallorossi simultaneously announced a deal for Fiorentina’s Adem Ljajic worth €11m plus a further €4m in add-ons. Ljajic has signed a four-year contract.
Erik Lamela has spoken to Italy’s Ansa news agency in Fiumicino airport, saying:
I’m ready for Tottenham, I want do great things for Spurs. And thank you, Roma.
A copy of Roma’s statement in Italian confirming Erik Lamela’s transfer to Tottenham can be read below, together with video of all of the forward’s 8 goals for Roma last season.
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Marseille are in advanced talks with Tottenham over a deal for Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela quickly deletes tweet confirming Roberto Soldado exit (Sc...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...