- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Done Deal: Tottenham sign Erik Lamela from Roma for €30m, fee could rise by €5m
Tottenham have their man!
AS Roma officially announced on Wednesday afternoon that Erik Lamela has joined Tottenham for €30m. Spurs may have to pay an additional €5m in the future based on performance-related bonuses.
Roma also announced that they have moved quickly to fill Lamela’s gap in their squad as the Giallorossi simultaneously announced a deal for Fiorentina’s Adem Ljajic worth €11m plus a further €4m in add-ons. Ljajic has signed a four-year contract.
Erik Lamela has spoken to Italy’s Ansa news agency in Fiumicino airport, saying:
I’m ready for Tottenham, I want do great things for Spurs. And thank you, Roma.
A copy of Roma’s statement in Italian confirming Erik Lamela’s transfer to Tottenham can be read below, together with video of all of the forward’s 8 goals for Roma last season.
- Updated: August 28, 2013