- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Done Deal: Tottenham sign Erik Lamela from Roma for €30m, fee could rise by €5m
Tottenham have their man!
AS Roma officially announced on Wednesday afternoon that Erik Lamela has joined Tottenham for €30m. Spurs may have to pay an additional €5m in the future based on performance-related bonuses.
Roma also announced that they have moved quickly to fill Lamela’s gap in their squad as the Giallorossi simultaneously announced a deal for Fiorentina’s Adem Ljajic worth €11m plus a further €4m in add-ons. Ljajic has signed a four-year contract.
Erik Lamela has spoken to Italy’s Ansa news agency in Fiumicino airport, saying:
I’m ready for Tottenham, I want do great things for Spurs. And thank you, Roma.
A copy of Roma’s statement in Italian confirming Erik Lamela’s transfer to Tottenham can be read below, together with video of all of the forward’s 8 goals for Roma last season.
- Updated: August 28, 2013