Done Deal: Tottenham agree €35m transfer of Willian, fee to be paid over two years [Sky Italia]
- August 22, 2013
Tottenham have got their man, finally.
Willian will sign for Tottenham on Thursday according to in-the-know Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio, who announced on his Twitter feed:
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) August 22, 2013
We suspect that Di Marzio’s comment on “two years” means that Tottenham have agreed to structure payment of the deal over a two year period.
At the time of writing it is unknown how many installments Spurs will pay in.
The rumour mill has is also suggesting that Willian will sign a six-year deal at White Hart Lane.
The 25-year-old Anzhi Makachkala midfielder is believed to have passed his medical in London ahead of his proposed move, which would make him Spurs’ third record signing this summer after deals of £17m and £26m for Paulinho and Roberto Soldado.
Villas-Boas wanted Willian back in January, when the player was at Shakhtar Donetsk, only for the Brazilian to join Anzhi for €35m. He was lured by the grand plans of the Anzhi owner Suleiman Kerimov, however the past few weeks have seen a sea-change at the Dagastan club in which management have embarked on a series of cost-cutting measures, including a policy of selling off their highest earners the club.
Anzhi’s loss is Tottenham’s gain.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi