Done Deal? Sky Bet suspend betting on Gonzalo Higuain joining Arsenal
- June 20, 2013
We have suspended betting on Gonzalo Higuain’s next club following a run of bets on him joining Arsenal at as short as 1/3.
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) June 20, 2013
Sky Bet made Arsenal fans’ collective hearts skip a beat on Thursday afternoon after the bookies announced they’d suspended betting on Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain joining Arsenal.
For over a month now, Pipita has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates after having found himself on the backburner at Rea Madrid.
Despite interest from Juventus, who at one point were deemed to be the frontrunners for the Argentine international, it now seems more than likely that Higuain will be joining Arsenal.
There is a caveat though.
Just because a bookmaker suspends trading, doesn’t mean the deal is concrete. Manchester United fans know this all too well having seen Sky Bet suspend betting on Kevin Strootman moving from PSV to Old Trafford several weeks ago, but (as of the time of writing) that deal has yet to go through.
In 261 matches for Real Madrid, Higuain scored 121 goals and provided 56 assists. Should he sign for the Gunners, Arsenal fans will be chuffed that they have finally secured a top-draw centre-forward.
Last season Higuain chalked up 18 goals and 9 assists for Los Blancos, and all those goals can be seen on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...