- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Done Deal? Sky Bet suspend betting on Gonzalo Higuain joining Arsenal
We have suspended betting on Gonzalo Higuain’s next club following a run of bets on him joining Arsenal at as short as 1/3.
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) June 20, 2013
Sky Bet made Arsenal fans’ collective hearts skip a beat on Thursday afternoon after the bookies announced they’d suspended betting on Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain joining Arsenal.
For over a month now, Pipita has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates after having found himself on the backburner at Rea Madrid.
Despite interest from Juventus, who at one point were deemed to be the frontrunners for the Argentine international, it now seems more than likely that Higuain will be joining Arsenal.
There is a caveat though.
Just because a bookmaker suspends trading, doesn’t mean the deal is concrete. Manchester United fans know this all too well having seen Sky Bet suspend betting on Kevin Strootman moving from PSV to Old Trafford several weeks ago, but (as of the time of writing) that deal has yet to go through.
In 261 matches for Real Madrid, Higuain scored 121 goals and provided 56 assists. Should he sign for the Gunners, Arsenal fans will be chuffed that they have finally secured a top-draw centre-forward.
Last season Higuain chalked up 18 goals and 9 assists for Los Blancos, and all those goals can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: June 20, 2013