- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
DONE DEAL: Scottish starlet Ryan Gauld moves from Dundee United to Sporting, gets €60m release clause
- July 2, 2014
If you didn’t already know, there is a new star of Scottish football and his name is Ryan Gauld.
Gauld, 18, has completed a headline-stopping move from Dundee United to Sporting Lisbon overnight, in a deal which has seen Sporting slap a €60m release clause over the teenager.
The actual fee of the deal is said be a little over £2 million.
That Gauld has left the SPL for Portugal shouldn’t come as too big a surprise, after the teenager was linked to Real Madrid back in 2013, whilst Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to have sent scouts to watch the young talent at Tannadice last season too.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs when he was just 16 years and five months old, and last season he scored eight goals in 38 appearances.
Dogged with the moniker as being the “Tartan Messi”, Gauld is probably more like Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere as he is a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
See how the Portuguese press are reporting Sporting’s acquisition of Ryan Gauld below.