- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
DONE DEAL: Scottish starlet Ryan Gauld moves from Dundee United to Sporting, gets €60m release clause
If you didn’t already know, there is a new star of Scottish football and his name is Ryan Gauld.
Gauld, 18, has completed a headline-stopping move from Dundee United to Sporting Lisbon overnight, in a deal which has seen Sporting slap a €60m release clause over the teenager.
The actual fee of the deal is said be a little over £2 million.
That Gauld has left the SPL for Portugal shouldn’t come as too big a surprise, after the teenager was linked to Real Madrid back in 2013, whilst Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to have sent scouts to watch the young talent at Tannadice last season too.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs when he was just 16 years and five months old, and last season he scored eight goals in 38 appearances.
Dogged with the moniker as being the “Tartan Messi”, Gauld is probably more like Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere as he is a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
See how the Portuguese press are reporting Sporting’s acquisition of Ryan Gauld below.
- Updated: July 2, 2014