- Cristiano Ronaldo dressed up as a homeless street performer before surprising young fan [Full Video]
- A hilarious dribbling FAIL from Mexico! Yorleys Mena (Morelia) v Leon [Video]
- Exclusive Offer: Back Chelsea at 3/1 to advance past Liverpool into the Capital One Cup final!!!
- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scores lovely goal for Jong FC Twente vs Jong PSV [Video]
- Bojan & Victor Moses score sublime goals in 4-1 Stoke FA Cup win at Rochdale [Official Video]
DONE DEAL: Scottish starlet Ryan Gauld moves from Dundee United to Sporting, gets €60m release clause
If you didn’t already know, there is a new star of Scottish football and his name is Ryan Gauld.
Gauld, 18, has completed a headline-stopping move from Dundee United to Sporting Lisbon overnight, in a deal which has seen Sporting slap a €60m release clause over the teenager.
The actual fee of the deal is said be a little over £2 million.
That Gauld has left the SPL for Portugal shouldn’t come as too big a surprise, after the teenager was linked to Real Madrid back in 2013, whilst Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to have sent scouts to watch the young talent at Tannadice last season too.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs when he was just 16 years and five months old, and last season he scored eight goals in 38 appearances.
Dogged with the moniker as being the “Tartan Messi”, Gauld is probably more like Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere as he is a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
See how the Portuguese press are reporting Sporting’s acquisition of Ryan Gauld below.
- Updated: July 2, 2014