DONE DEAL: Scottish starlet Ryan Gauld moves from Dundee United to Sporting, gets €60m release clause
- July 2, 2014
If you didn’t already know, there is a new star of Scottish football and his name is Ryan Gauld.
Gauld, 18, has completed a headline-stopping move from Dundee United to Sporting Lisbon overnight, in a deal which has seen Sporting slap a €60m release clause over the teenager.
The actual fee of the deal is said be a little over £2 million.
That Gauld has left the SPL for Portugal shouldn’t come as too big a surprise, after the teenager was linked to Real Madrid back in 2013, whilst Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to have sent scouts to watch the young talent at Tannadice last season too.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs when he was just 16 years and five months old, and last season he scored eight goals in 38 appearances.
Dogged with the moniker as being the “Tartan Messi”, Gauld is probably more like Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere as he is a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
See how the Portuguese press are reporting Sporting’s acquisition of Ryan Gauld below.
- Golazo! Gary Mackay-Steven scores wonder angled-curler in Dundee Derby [Video]
- Celtic smash Dundee United 6-1 [Official Highlights]
- Celtic v Dundee United: Watch a Live Stream of the Scottish Premiership match
- St. Johnstone 2 – Dundee United 0 [Scottish Cup Final]
- Celtic 3 – Dundee United 1
- Dundee United wing-wizard Gary Mackay-Steven pulled off a quality flip-flap v St Johnstone
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...