DONE DEAL: Scottish starlet Ryan Gauld moves from Dundee United to Sporting, gets €60m release clause
If you didn’t already know, there is a new star of Scottish football and his name is Ryan Gauld.
Gauld, 18, has completed a headline-stopping move from Dundee United to Sporting Lisbon overnight, in a deal which has seen Sporting slap a €60m release clause over the teenager.
The actual fee of the deal is said be a little over £2 million.
That Gauld has left the SPL for Portugal shouldn’t come as too big a surprise, after the teenager was linked to Real Madrid back in 2013, whilst Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to have sent scouts to watch the young talent at Tannadice last season too.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs when he was just 16 years and five months old, and last season he scored eight goals in 38 appearances.
Dogged with the moniker as being the “Tartan Messi”, Gauld is probably more like Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere as he is a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
See how the Portuguese press are reporting Sporting’s acquisition of Ryan Gauld below.
Watch Live Stream
- Dundee Utd v Celtic: Online Live Streaming video [HD]January 10, 2016
- Golazo! Gary Mackay-Steven scores wonder angled-curler in Dundee Derby [Video]January 2, 2015
- Celtic smash Dundee United 6-1 [Official Highlights]August 16, 2014
- Celtic v Dundee United: Watch a Live Stream of the Scottish Premiership matchAugust 15, 2014
- Ryan Gauld turned down a move to Man United to join Sporting Lisbon instead [A Bola]January 23, 2015
- Luxembourg U21 0 – Scotland U21 3: Sporting’s Ryan Gauld bags a brace [Official highlights]September 9, 2014
- Moyes Back? Best Tweets as Sunderland beat Man United at Old Trafford for 1st time since 1968!May 3, 2014
- Ryan Gauld v St Mirren [Individual highlights]February 10, 2014
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016