Done Deal! Real Madrid sign Costa Rica World Cup hero Keylor Navas
- August 3, 2014
Real Madrid have certainly got their hands on some World Cup stars this summer.
Toni Kroos was followed by James Rodriguez and now Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas was announced as a Real Madrid player on Sunday afternoon.
It was known for some time that Navas was heading to the Bernabeu, after all Levante were unlikely to hold on to the custodian when Real Madrid come calling.
Navas has signed a six-year-deal with Real Madrid and will be presented at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old undoubtedly deserves a big stage to play on having proved himself in La Liga, long before playing so well at Brazil 2014.
It raises many question marks over the goalkeeper situation at Real Madrid.
Diego Lopez and Iker Casillas shared responsibilities last season. Casillas was thought to be number one going into the new season but had a poor game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Lopez meanwhile has been linked with the likes of Napoli and Monaco.
Keylor Navas will be the first ever Costa Rican to play for Real Madrid.
- Ex-Man City striker Paulo Wanchope gets into an epic fight with security during Costa R...
- Costa Rica’s presidents voice outrage on Twitter after dodgy 122nd minute Mexico ...
- Mexico 1 – Costa Rica 0: A dodgy 122nd minute penalty gifted El Tri the win [Offi...
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell went on a fantastic run for Costa Rica v Mexico [Video]
- Costa Rica beat Uruguay on penalties after 3-3 draw [Highlights]
- Keylor Navas threatens to take legal action after finding out members of Costa Rican go...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...