Done Deal! Real Madrid sign Costa Rica World Cup hero Keylor Navas
- August 3, 2014
Real Madrid have certainly got their hands on some World Cup stars this summer.
Toni Kroos was followed by James Rodriguez and now Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas was announced as a Real Madrid player on Sunday afternoon.
It was known for some time that Navas was heading to the Bernabeu, after all Levante were unlikely to hold on to the custodian when Real Madrid come calling.
Navas has signed a six-year-deal with Real Madrid and will be presented at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old undoubtedly deserves a big stage to play on having proved himself in La Liga, long before playing so well at Brazil 2014.
It raises many question marks over the goalkeeper situation at Real Madrid.
Diego Lopez and Iker Casillas shared responsibilities last season. Casillas was thought to be number one going into the new season but had a poor game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Lopez meanwhile has been linked with the likes of Napoli and Monaco.
Keylor Navas will be the first ever Costa Rican to play for Real Madrid.
- Costa Rica beat Uruguay on penalties after 3-3 draw [Highlights]
- Keylor Navas threatens to take legal action after finding out members of Costa Rican go...
- South Korea 1 – Costa Rica 3: Borges bags a brace [Highlights]
- Celso Borges (Costa Rica) scored a quality back heel v South Korea
- OUCH! Coritiba’s striker Joel mistakenly fell down a hole after scoring v Sao Pau...
- Is the greatest non-goal ever? Guatemala’s Carlos Ruiz v Costa Rica [Vine]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi