Done Deal! Real Madrid sign Costa Rica World Cup hero Keylor Navas
Real Madrid have certainly got their hands on some World Cup stars this summer.
Toni Kroos was followed by James Rodriguez and now Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas was announced as a Real Madrid player on Sunday afternoon.
It was known for some time that Navas was heading to the Bernabeu, after all Levante were unlikely to hold on to the custodian when Real Madrid come calling.
Navas has signed a six-year-deal with Real Madrid and will be presented at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old undoubtedly deserves a big stage to play on having proved himself in La Liga, long before playing so well at Brazil 2014.
It raises many question marks over the goalkeeper situation at Real Madrid.
Diego Lopez and Iker Casillas shared responsibilities last season. Casillas was thought to be number one going into the new season but had a poor game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Lopez meanwhile has been linked with the likes of Napoli and Monaco.
Keylor Navas will be the first ever Costa Rican to play for Real Madrid.
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell leads Costa Rica to a 1-0 win against America (Official Video)
- Keylor Navas comforts pitch invader who was manhandled by security guards (Video)
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell sets up Costa Rica’s 1-0 win v Uruguay (Video)
- Costa Rica 0 – Brazil 1: Hulk’s early goal settled the friendly (Highlights)
- Awesome fan footage: Cristiano Ronaldo’s record breaking Real Madrid goal v Levante (Video)
- Real Madrid 3 – Levante 0: Cristiano Ronaldo finds the target in home win (Highlights)
- Fernando Torres scores again: Rescues point for Atletico Madrid at Levante [Official video]
- Valencia continue Champions League charge with 3-0 win over Levante [Highlights]