Mixed reaction as BBC report Arsene Wenger to sign new 3 year deal at Arsenal [Best tweets]
- May 30, 2014
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has left it to the very last minute to sign a new deal.
The 64 year old Frenchman has only a matter of weeks left on his current deal at the Emirates and speculation had been rife regarding his future.
However, it was today confirmed Arsene Wenger will put pen to paper on a new 3 year deal at Arsenal, keeping him at the Emirates until 2017.
The best tweets on his new contract can be seen below.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) May 30, 2014
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) May 30, 2014
When Wenger signs a new 3 year contract he will definitely stay for 3 years as he is not one to break contracts, and will never get sacked.
— Henry's Right Foot (@HenrysRightFoot) May 30, 2014
Don't mind either way about Wenger's contract, would've been nice to see him leave on a high with the FA Cup but not many managers about atm
— Flitts (@FlittsTheGooner) May 30, 2014
Sky Sports News employing largest font size ever seen to announce Wenger's new deal. Imagine if something unexpected had happened.
— Dave Kidd (@dkidd_SMirror) May 30, 2014
How predictable the old stubborn cunt has signed a new deal then. The FA cup win is not enough after 9 years of failure. #wengerout
— Sir Ladley Swiggins (@LadleySwiggins) May 30, 2014
— ArsenalUpdate (@goonerupdate) May 30, 2014
New Wenger contract is more good news for Liverpool. No Arsenal progress until at least 2017.
— Daniel Robinson (@DanWRobinson) May 30, 2014
Finally, Wenger signs a 3 year deal! Exactly what the club wants and needs. Let him finish his project!
— Hölt Arsenal. (@Holt_Arsenal) May 30, 2014
Arsene Wenger agrees new Arsenal Contract until 2017. I doubt any Arsenal fan is happy about this. Or did the FA cup change the #wengerout
— Edwin Mwenda (@mwendaedu) May 30, 2014
Great news that Wenger's contract has finally be agreed. Lets hope the FA Cup is the start of another successful era.
— Callum (@callumjp92) May 30, 2014
Arsene Wenger is a genius but something needs to change at Arsenal to compete with the bigger clubs…. I'm not holding my breath tho
— Dean Anderson (@DeanAnderson21) May 30, 2014
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi