DONE DEAL: Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has been ratified [Sky Sport Video]
- April 5, 2014
Leeds United fans got a major boost on Saturday afternoon after the Whites lost 1-0 away at Wigan in the early match in the Championship.
After months of proposed takeover attempts and legal wrangling, Italian Massimo Cellino has finally seen his bid to become the owner of the Elland Road club get ratified.
Cellino, who is also the President of Cagliari, had initially failed to win his bid after the Football League found that his application did not fall with the Fit and Proper Person test due to a previous conviction for tax fraud in Italy.
Cellino appealed that decision, and now Cellino has won.
Begging the question what does someone have to do to really fail the Fit and Proper Person test, Cellino is now the owner of Leeds United he can now take control of the club.
See a report from Sky Sports on the news Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has gone through below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]