DONE DEAL: Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has been ratified [Sky Sport Video]
- April 5, 2014
Leeds United fans got a major boost on Saturday afternoon after the Whites lost 1-0 away at Wigan in the early match in the Championship.
After months of proposed takeover attempts and legal wrangling, Italian Massimo Cellino has finally seen his bid to become the owner of the Elland Road club get ratified.
Cellino, who is also the President of Cagliari, had initially failed to win his bid after the Football League found that his application did not fall with the Fit and Proper Person test due to a previous conviction for tax fraud in Italy.
Cellino appealed that decision, and now Cellino has won.
Begging the question what does someone have to do to really fail the Fit and Proper Person test, Cellino is now the owner of Leeds United he can now take control of the club.
See a report from Sky Sports on the news Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has gone through below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...