- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
DONE DEAL: Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has been ratified [Sky Sport Video]
Leeds United fans got a major boost on Saturday afternoon after the Whites lost 1-0 away at Wigan in the early match in the Championship.
After months of proposed takeover attempts and legal wrangling, Italian Massimo Cellino has finally seen his bid to become the owner of the Elland Road club get ratified.
Cellino, who is also the President of Cagliari, had initially failed to win his bid after the Football League found that his application did not fall with the Fit and Proper Person test due to a previous conviction for tax fraud in Italy.
Cellino appealed that decision, and now Cellino has won.
Begging the question what does someone have to do to really fail the Fit and Proper Person test, Cellino is now the owner of Leeds United he can now take control of the club.
See a report from Sky Sports on the news Massimo Cellino’s takeover Leeds United has gone through below.
- Updated: April 5, 2014