Done Deal: Man City sell Carlos Tevez to Juventus for £10m, signs 3-year deal
- June 25, 2013
Carlos Tevez’s days in the Premier League are over. For now at least.
As reported by numerous well informed journalists and plenty of Italian websites on Tuesday night, Juventus have signed Carlos Tevez from Manchester City for £10 million and the Argentine has penned a three year deal to move to Turin. The attacker will also secure $5.5 million a season in wages.
Tevez’s seven year stay in the Premier League was full of ups and downs.
Nobody expected West Ham to sign the Argentine international back in 2006 when he moved to Upton Park with Javier Mascherano, and Tevez stole the hearts of Hammers fans forever when he scored the final day winner at Manchester United to keep the Irons in the top flight.
He then became a Manchester United legend during his two season spell at Old Trafford, during which time he won two Premier League titles, one League Cup and the 2008 UEFA Champions League.
He committed treason moving from United to City, however the medals kept flowing as Tevez secured another Premier League title and an FA Cup winners medal.
Juventus have signed proven quality with the addition of Tevez. At 29-years-old, the Argentine international still has plenty to offer at top level, Champions League arena football, and few would predict against Carlos picking up more pieces of silverware in Italy.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...