- Dave Whelan gets the Father Ted treatment for his ‘Chink is OK’ comment [Vine]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores great header in Chile 1 – Uruguay 2 [Individual Highlights]
- Liverpool launch launch medical investigation into Sturridge crisis after NINTH career thigh injury [Echo]
- Man Utd fan channel Full Time Devils & Arsenal Fan TV preview ‘El Injury-O’ [Video]
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli: ‘I give myself 7 out of 10 so far, because I’m running more’ [Video]
Done Deal: Liverpool snubbed as Mkhitaryan signs for Dortmund until 2017, costs €25m [Kicker]
The Henrikh Mkhitaryan saga is over, according to German website Kicker.
Splashed across the frontpage of their website is the headline “BVB confirmed: Mkhitaryan comes to 2017.”
Although the deal is yet to be confirmed on Borussia Dortmund’s website, Kicker report that Jürgen Klopp has shelled out €25 million to sign the Armenian playmaker from Shakhtar Donetsk. That transfer fee makes Mkhitaryan the most expensive signing in Dortmund’s history.
Mkhitaryan is set to meet his new German teammates on Wednesday.
The deal caps a busy few days for BVB, with the club spending 46 million euros in the past few days after acquiring Sokratis (Werder Bremen) and Aubameyang (St Etienne).
Rumours are claiming that Mkhitaryan will wear the number 10 shirt at Dortmund.
Mkhitaryan had been a target for Liverpool, but the Anfielders now seem to have turned their attentions to other targets such as Jorginho from Verona.
A selection of pictures of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in Yerevan Airport on his way to Germany can be seen below.
- Updated: July 8, 2013