Done Deal: Liverpool snubbed as Mkhitaryan signs for Dortmund until 2017, costs €25m [Kicker]
- July 8, 2013
The Henrikh Mkhitaryan saga is over, according to German website Kicker.
Splashed across the frontpage of their website is the headline “BVB confirmed: Mkhitaryan comes to 2017.”
Although the deal is yet to be confirmed on Borussia Dortmund’s website, Kicker report that Jürgen Klopp has shelled out €25 million to sign the Armenian playmaker from Shakhtar Donetsk. That transfer fee makes Mkhitaryan the most expensive signing in Dortmund’s history.
Mkhitaryan is set to meet his new German teammates on Wednesday.
The deal caps a busy few days for BVB, with the club spending 46 million euros in the past few days after acquiring Sokratis (Werder Bremen) and Aubameyang (St Etienne).
Rumours are claiming that Mkhitaryan will wear the number 10 shirt at Dortmund.
Mkhitaryan had been a target for Liverpool, but the Anfielders now seem to have turned their attentions to other targets such as Jorginho from Verona.
A selection of pictures of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in Yerevan Airport on his way to Germany can be seen below.
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus to miss Germany qualifiers with broken toe [Tweets]
- Borussia Dortmund do not have an option to buy Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Press ...
- Man United turned down chance to sign Dortmund’s Marco Reus for £60 million (ESPN)
- Man United winger Adnan Januzaj confirms loan move to Borrusia Dortmund on Instagram
- Borussia Dortmund in advanced talks with Man United over Adnan Januzaj loan deal [Sky S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...