Done Deal: Liverpool snubbed as Mkhitaryan signs for Dortmund until 2017, costs €25m [Kicker]
- July 8, 2013
The Henrikh Mkhitaryan saga is over, according to German website Kicker.
Splashed across the frontpage of their website is the headline “BVB confirmed: Mkhitaryan comes to 2017.”
Although the deal is yet to be confirmed on Borussia Dortmund’s website, Kicker report that Jürgen Klopp has shelled out €25 million to sign the Armenian playmaker from Shakhtar Donetsk. That transfer fee makes Mkhitaryan the most expensive signing in Dortmund’s history.
Mkhitaryan is set to meet his new German teammates on Wednesday.
The deal caps a busy few days for BVB, with the club spending 46 million euros in the past few days after acquiring Sokratis (Werder Bremen) and Aubameyang (St Etienne).
Rumours are claiming that Mkhitaryan will wear the number 10 shirt at Dortmund.
Mkhitaryan had been a target for Liverpool, but the Anfielders now seem to have turned their attentions to other targets such as Jorginho from Verona.
A selection of pictures of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in Yerevan Airport on his way to Germany can be seen below.
- Borussia Dortmund hit Kawasaki Frontale for 6 [Official Highlights]
- Shinji Kagawa scores twice for Borussia Dortmund v Kawasaki Frontale [videos]
- Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang posts pic of Shinji Kagawa doppelganger in J...
- Borussia Dortmund win pre-season exhibition 17-0 [Video Highlights]
- Ilkay Gundogan scored a beauty in Dortmund’s 5-0 pre-season win over VFL Rhede [H...
- Man United fans react to Ilkay Gundogan’s decision to sign on at Borussia Dortmun...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi