Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
Watch Live Stream
- Philippe Coutinho’s Echo interview will be music to Liverpool fans’ earsSeptember 30, 2016
- Police investigating Liverpool Carpool after Dejan Lovren violates 4 traffic laws (Video)September 30, 2016
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Man United & Real Madrid target Gelson Martins rejects a contract [Correio da Manha]September 30, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Sporting Club president wants Cristiano Ronaldo to retire at his boyhood club [Quotes]September 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s still a Sporting CP member [Record]September 11, 2016