Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
- September 1, 2013
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...