Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
- September 1, 2013
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
- Zlatan & Neymar move to Man United, Chelsea get confused trying to land Stones (44...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...