Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
Watch Live Stream
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Individual highlights of Sadio Mane’s stunning performance for Liverpool v Burton (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016