Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
- Ex-Liverpool Djibril Cisse arrested over alleged sextape blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena ...
- Bizarre: A toilet in Moscow seems to be a massive Liverpool fan (Video)
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Barcelona legend Xavi reveals the 2 Premier League clubs he would have liked to play for
- Sporting star William Carvalho reveals his love for Arsenal [A Bola]
- Huge scandal happening in Portugal: Benfica and Sporting accuse each other of corruption
- Sporting CP slam the lack of video technology in football after their CL exit to CSKA M...
- Tsunami survivor Martunis hangs out with his hero Cristiano Ronaldo at Portugal trainin...