Done Deal! Liverpool have signed Tiago Ilori for €8m on a 5-year-deal [A Bola]
Portuguese newspaper A Bola splash with the news this Sunday morning that Liverpool have signed Tiago Llori from Sporting Lisbon for 8 million euros.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been chasing Ilori for much of the summer and finally bagged the highly-rated Portuguese central defender over the weekend.
The 20-year-old underwent medical tests at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, on Saturday and has signed a five-year-deal at Anfield.
A Bola claim Ilori’s starting wage at Liverpool is one million euros per season. They add that Sporting are not dissatisfied with the deal and believe they got a fair price for a player that has only played 14 games for their first team.
Interestingly, the deal was handled by “super agent” Pini Zahavi, who is in the midst of a long running dispute with Sporting over highly rated winger Bruma.
Tiago Ilori will be presented at Anfield on Sunday in the minutes preceding the kick off between Liverpool and Manchester United.
He is likely to be one of three players unveiled alongside Mamadou Sakho and Victor Moses.
Watch Live Stream
- Redmen TV analyse Liverpool signing Mainz keeper Loris Karius (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Bad news for Liverpool as Mario Gotze’s Bayern future becomes much clearer [Bild]May 23rd, 2016
- The Man United squad sang about Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard after FA Cup win (Videos)May 23rd, 2016
- Loris Karius to be unveiled as a Liverpool player on Wednesday [Allgemeine Zeitung]May 23rd, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United are fighting over a new Kia Joorabchian client [A Bola]May 22nd, 2016
- Tottenham preparing bid for Algerian striker & Leicester target Islam Slimani [A Bola]May 18th, 2016
- Spurs tipped to beat Leicester to an Algerian strikerMay 15th, 2016
- Man United plot swoop for a Sporting star midfielder [A Bola]May 11th, 2016