Done Deal? Liverpool are said to have bought Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen [Rheinische Post]
- June 5, 2014
Liverpool have signed 20-year-old Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen, report German daily Rheinische Post.
Journalist Stefan Klüttermann has announced on Twitter on Thursday morning that “Emre #Can will play for #LFC next season. It’s a done deal.”
— Stefan Klüttermann (@kluettermann) June 5, 2014
The news has since been backed up by Guardian journalist Rafael Honingstein, who has added that the deal had taken longer than expected to finalise as Leverkusen had to compensate Bayern for waiving their option.
Re Can: Leverkusen had to compensate Bayern for waiving their option. That's why the deal was held up
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) June 5, 2014
Emre Can’s contract situation was one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder was sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, but Bayern retained a buy-back clause option on Emre Can despite the fact that he also had a release clause of around 12 million euros.
We several party thus involved, the Can deal was stall, but now it seems like Brenadan Rodgers had bagged his second signing of the week after wrapping up Rickie Lambert’s transfer from Southampton.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]