Done Deal? Liverpool are said to have bought Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen [Rheinische Post]
Liverpool have signed 20-year-old Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen, report German daily Rheinische Post.
Journalist Stefan Klüttermann has announced on Twitter on Thursday morning that “Emre #Can will play for #LFC next season. It’s a done deal.”
— Stefan Klüttermann (@kluettermann) June 5, 2014
The news has since been backed up by Guardian journalist Rafael Honingstein, who has added that the deal had taken longer than expected to finalise as Leverkusen had to compensate Bayern for waiving their option.
Re Can: Leverkusen had to compensate Bayern for waiving their option. That's why the deal was held up
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) June 5, 2014
Emre Can’s contract situation was one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder was sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, but Bayern retained a buy-back clause option on Emre Can despite the fact that he also had a release clause of around 12 million euros.
We several party thus involved, the Can deal was stall, but now it seems like Brenadan Rodgers had bagged his second signing of the week after wrapping up Rickie Lambert’s transfer from Southampton.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United old boy Javier Hernandez is getting married to Lucia Villalon [Hola]October 23, 2016
- 19-year-old refugee Ousman Manneh scores match-winner for Werder Bremen v Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Humble: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris plays down world class save to deny Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Spurs’ Hugo Lloris denies Leverkusen’s Chicharito with incredible point blank save (Video)October 18, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016