Done Deal: FC Porto sell Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City for €40m (!) [O Jogo Front Page]
Having already signed Fernando a couple of weeks back, Manchester City have gone fishing at Porto once again it seems, though they’ve spent a lot more than the €15m they splashed on the aforementioned Brazilian midfielder.
O Jogo’s front page today confirms it: Manchester City have signed Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala for a whopping…€40m!
The French centre-half made 51 appearances for Porto in his 3 seasons at the Portuguese club, and is a defender noted for his strength and ball-playing abilities.
€40m for a player who didn’t even play a minute at the World Cup for France?
Bit steep no?
Porto really are the masters of buying cheap, selling high. The happiest selling club in the world.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho apologised twice to the Man United fans after City win (video)October 27, 2016
- Steward failed to recognise a Man United treble winner v Man City (Video)October 27, 2016
- Who has a harder job: Pep Guardiola at Man City or Jose Mourinho at Man United? (BBC Audio)October 27, 2016
- Man City accused of failing to love Samir Nasri [El Confidential]October 27, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016