Done Deal: FC Porto sell Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City for €40m (!) [O Jogo Front Page]
Having already signed Fernando a couple of weeks back, Manchester City have gone fishing at Porto once again it seems, though they’ve spent a lot more than the €15m they splashed on the aforementioned Brazilian midfielder.
O Jogo’s front page today confirms it: Manchester City have signed Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala for a whopping…€40m!
The French centre-half made 51 appearances for Porto in his 3 seasons at the Portuguese club, and is a defender noted for his strength and ball-playing abilities.
€40m for a player who didn’t even play a minute at the World Cup for France?
Bit steep no?
Porto really are the masters of buying cheap, selling high. The happiest selling club in the world.
- Juventus U19 2 – Man City U19 1: Sky Blues punished for slack defending (Videos)
- Epic Fail: #FPL manager triple captained Eliaquim Mangala for Liverpool defeat
- Manchester City v Borussia Mönchengladbach: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Callum Connolly scores superb goal for Everton U21s v Porto (Video)
- Chelsea have Porto’s Ruben Neves in their viewfinder plus four other players [A Bola]
- Porto v Benfica was recorded in 360º cameras so viewers can play around with the footage (Video)