Done Deal: FC Porto sell Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City for €40m (!) [O Jogo Front Page]
- July 12, 2014
Having already signed Fernando a couple of weeks back, Manchester City have gone fishing at Porto once again it seems, though they’ve spent a lot more than the €15m they splashed on the aforementioned Brazilian midfielder.
O Jogo’s front page today confirms it: Manchester City have signed Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala for a whopping…€40m!
The French centre-half made 51 appearances for Porto in his 3 seasons at the Portuguese club, and is a defender noted for his strength and ball-playing abilities.
€40m for a player who didn’t even play a minute at the World Cup for France?
Bit steep no?
Porto really are the masters of buying cheap, selling high. The happiest selling club in the world.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]