Done Deal: FC Porto sell Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City for €40m (!) [O Jogo Front Page]
Having already signed Fernando a couple of weeks back, Manchester City have gone fishing at Porto once again it seems, though they’ve spent a lot more than the €15m they splashed on the aforementioned Brazilian midfielder.
O Jogo’s front page today confirms it: Manchester City have signed Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala for a whopping…€40m!
The French centre-half made 51 appearances for Porto in his 3 seasons at the Portuguese club, and is a defender noted for his strength and ball-playing abilities.
€40m for a player who didn’t even play a minute at the World Cup for France?
Bit steep no?
Porto really are the masters of buying cheap, selling high. The happiest selling club in the world.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Iker Casillas is back to his best as he takes a Champions League record away from XaviDecember 8, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016