Done Deal: FC Porto sell Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City for €40m (!) [O Jogo Front Page]
- July 12, 2014
Having already signed Fernando a couple of weeks back, Manchester City have gone fishing at Porto once again it seems, though they’ve spent a lot more than the €15m they splashed on the aforementioned Brazilian midfielder.
O Jogo’s front page today confirms it: Manchester City have signed Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala for a whopping…€40m!
The French centre-half made 51 appearances for Porto in his 3 seasons at the Portuguese club, and is a defender noted for his strength and ball-playing abilities.
€40m for a player who didn’t even play a minute at the World Cup for France?
Bit steep no?
Porto really are the masters of buying cheap, selling high. The happiest selling club in the world.
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi