DONE DEAL: Ex-Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas signs a 2-year deal at Zenit St Petersburg
After the rumours comes the official announcement: former Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has signed a 2-year deal at Zenit St Petersburg to become their new manager.
Zenit made the announcement on their official website on Tuesday morning, saying:
Zenit has agreed contract terms with new head coach André Villas-Boas. The contract will be signed, and Villas-Boas will be presented in St. Petersburg as Zenit’s new head coach on March 20th.
Villas-Boas’ contract begins in March, 2014, and is valid for two seasons.
AVB had been linked with coaching jobs at Bayern Munich and Barcelona in recent months since he was pushed out the door at Tottenham, however Zenit have now landed the 36-year-old manager having sacked Luciano Spalletti last week.
Zenit’s next match is in the Champions League on Wednesday night when they head to Borussia Dortmund trailing 4-2.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Spurs & Chelsea boss AVB rules out a return to the Premier League (Video)February 16, 2016
- Ex Liverpool & Tottenham coaches lined up to replace Gary Neville at the Mestalla [AS]February 7, 2016
- AVB: Chelsea were wrong to sack the Special One, Roman Abramovich sacks everyone [BeIN Sports]January 19, 2016
- Russian Ministry of Sport ban foreign managers in Russian football [Eurosport Russia]October 29, 2015
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Overhead camera hits Spartak player at Zenit (Video)October 5, 2016
- Zenit respond to Burger King name change offer with brilliant Game of Thrones tweetSeptember 2, 2016
- Zenit receive whopper offer from Burger King to change name to ‘Zenit Burger King’ [Best Tweets]September 2, 2016
- Juventus furious with Zenit after pulling £17m Axel Witsel transfer at last minuteSeptember 1, 2016