DONE DEAL: Ex-Man United striker Mame Biram Diouf has agreed a four-year contract with Stoke
Stoke have signed Mame Biram Diouf on a four-year contract on Wednesday.
The Potters made the announcement with a picture of Diouf standing in his fresh Stoke shirt.
The 26-year-old Senegal international is joining Stoke from Hannover, whilst he is well known to English audiences after having been signed by Manchester United in 2009 from Molde.
Diouf never made it at Man United, playing just nine times and scoring once, however he has since gone on to enjoy sunnier times in the Bundesliga, scoring 30 league goals in 68 games for Hannover.
Stoke have released a statement saying:
Stoke City have taken their tally of close season signings to four by landing Mame Biram Diouf and Dionatan Teixeira.
Striker Diouf will move to the Britannia Stadium from July 1 when his contract with German side Hannover 96 expires, while the Potters have paid an undisclosed fee to Banska Bystrica for central defender Teixeira.
They join Phil Bardsley and Steve Sidwell in checking-in at the Britannia Stadium ahead of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: West Ham striker moves to Hannover [Instagram]June 3, 2016
- Hannover confirm goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler heading to Leicester for medicalMay 29, 2016
- Hannover’s 19-year-old Niklas Feierabend dies in a car accidentMay 1, 2016
- Hannover’s Allan Saint-Maximin crashed into a tram, showed a fake licence to police [Sport1]April 5, 2016
- Charlie Adam tops the Potters FPL league thanks to Chelsea & Liverpool stars (Video)November 8, 2016
- Michail Antonio blasts PL for their cheek over West Ham opener v StokeNovember 5, 2016
- Why Man United’s stars may be jealous of Stoke’s Joe AllenNovember 1, 2016
- Thierry Henry waxes lyrical about Joe Allen after sublime display for Stoke v Swansea (Video)October 31, 2016