DONE DEAL: Ex-Man United striker Mame Biram Diouf has agreed a four-year contract with Stoke
Stoke have signed Mame Biram Diouf on a four-year contract on Wednesday.
The Potters made the announcement with a picture of Diouf standing in his fresh Stoke shirt.
The 26-year-old Senegal international is joining Stoke from Hannover, whilst he is well known to English audiences after having been signed by Manchester United in 2009 from Molde.
Diouf never made it at Man United, playing just nine times and scoring once, however he has since gone on to enjoy sunnier times in the Bundesliga, scoring 30 league goals in 68 games for Hannover.
Stoke have released a statement saying:
Stoke City have taken their tally of close season signings to four by landing Mame Biram Diouf and Dionatan Teixeira.
Striker Diouf will move to the Britannia Stadium from July 1 when his contract with German side Hannover 96 expires, while the Potters have paid an undisclosed fee to Banska Bystrica for central defender Teixeira.
They join Phil Bardsley and Steve Sidwell in checking-in at the Britannia Stadium ahead of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.
Watch Live Stream
- Hannover confirm goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler heading to Leicester for medicalMay 29th, 2016
- Hannover’s 19-year-old Niklas Feierabend dies in a car accidentMay 1st, 2016
- Hannover’s Allan Saint-Maximin crashed into a tram, showed a fake licence to police [Sport1]April 5th, 2016
- Wolfsburg fans fired a flare into Hannover dugout (Official Video)March 2nd, 2016
- Stoke’s Andy Wilkinson sparks pitch invasion after scoring in own testimonial (Video)May 20th, 2016
- Dimitri Payet will miss West Ham’s final game of the season at StokeMay 14th, 2016
- Stoke’s Phil Bardsley filmed punching Palace’s Yannick Bolasie in the neckMay 7th, 2016
- Manchester City vs Stoke City [Team Sheets]April 23rd, 2016