DONE DEAL: Ex-Man United striker Mame Biram Diouf has agreed a four-year contract with Stoke
- June 11, 2014
Stoke have signed Mame Biram Diouf on a four-year contract on Wednesday.
The Potters made the announcement with a picture of Diouf standing in his fresh Stoke shirt.
The 26-year-old Senegal international is joining Stoke from Hannover, whilst he is well known to English audiences after having been signed by Manchester United in 2009 from Molde.
Diouf never made it at Man United, playing just nine times and scoring once, however he has since gone on to enjoy sunnier times in the Bundesliga, scoring 30 league goals in 68 games for Hannover.
Stoke have released a statement saying:
Stoke City have taken their tally of close season signings to four by landing Mame Biram Diouf and Dionatan Teixeira.
Striker Diouf will move to the Britannia Stadium from July 1 when his contract with German side Hannover 96 expires, while the Potters have paid an undisclosed fee to Banska Bystrica for central defender Teixeira.
They join Phil Bardsley and Steve Sidwell in checking-in at the Britannia Stadium ahead of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.
- Bayer Leverkusen’s Hakan Çalhanoğlu nets trademark glorious free kick golazo (Off...
- Stoke City sign striker Joselu from Hannover in €8 million deal
- Werder Bremen’s Zlatko Junuzovic nets postage stamp free kick golazo v Hannover [...
- Hannover’s Salif Sane scored an unbelievable bicycle kick v Wolfsburg [Official V...
- Hannover 2 – Borussia Dortmund 3: Aubameyang & Kagawa hit the target [Officia...
- A look back at Hannover’s remarkable record-breaking own goal spree [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...