- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
Done Deal! Everton agree £12.5m fee for Wigan’s James McCarthy (so Fellaini to Man United is on?)
- September 2, 2013
Everton have splashed a whopping £12.5 million on Wigan midfielder James McCarthy, according to the Daily Mail.
Whilst neither Everton or Wigan have confirmed the transfer at the time of writing, journalist Simon Jones has scribbled:
Everton have agreed a £12.5m fee with Wigan midfielder James McCarthy as they continue to haggle with Manchester United over the sale of Marouane Fellaini.
Talks were ongoing over the prospective £24million sale of the Belgium international to United with Everton moving quickly to line up replacements.
Wigan midfielder McCarthy is one while Everton have also lined up Manchester City’s Gareth Barry, Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi and remain keen on Blackpool’s Tom Ince.
James McCarthy is widely considered to be the best midfielder in the Irish national team having shone at the Latics over the past two season.
An excellent passer and creative midfielder, FA Cup winner McCarthy is still a burgeoning talent who many are hoping can become a star of his generation.