Done Deal! Everton agree £12.5m fee for Wigan’s James McCarthy (so Fellaini to Man United is on?)
Everton have splashed a whopping £12.5 million on Wigan midfielder James McCarthy, according to the Daily Mail.
Whilst neither Everton or Wigan have confirmed the transfer at the time of writing, journalist Simon Jones has scribbled:
Everton have agreed a £12.5m fee with Wigan midfielder James McCarthy as they continue to haggle with Manchester United over the sale of Marouane Fellaini.
Talks were ongoing over the prospective £24million sale of the Belgium international to United with Everton moving quickly to line up replacements.
Wigan midfielder McCarthy is one while Everton have also lined up Manchester City’s Gareth Barry, Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi and remain keen on Blackpool’s Tom Ince.
James McCarthy is widely considered to be the best midfielder in the Irish national team having shone at the Latics over the past two season.
An excellent passer and creative midfielder, FA Cup winner McCarthy is still a burgeoning talent who many are hoping can become a star of his generation.
Watch Live Stream
- Romelu Lukaku reveals he was present when Paul Pogba re-signed for Man UnitedDecember 7, 2016
- Everton had talks with Man United on Sunday about signing duo [Squawka]December 6, 2016
- Everton’s Yannick Bolasie fears confirmed with injury newsDecember 5, 2016
- Forget Fellaini, Man United fans are raging about Paul Pogba, again [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- Spurs old boy Pascal Chimbonda claims Jimmy Bullard used to pleasure himself in public (Video)November 1, 2016
- Looks like Warren Joyce’s days at Man United are overNovember 1, 2016
- Wigan Athletic try to troll Blackburn Rovers on Twitter but it backfires [Tweets]October 7, 2016
- Liverpool goalkeeper Adam Bogdan has a complete ‘mare for Wigan (video)September 14, 2016