Done Deal! Everton agree £12.5m fee for Wigan’s James McCarthy (so Fellaini to Man United is on?)
- September 2, 2013
Everton have splashed a whopping £12.5 million on Wigan midfielder James McCarthy, according to the Daily Mail.
Whilst neither Everton or Wigan have confirmed the transfer at the time of writing, journalist Simon Jones has scribbled:
Everton have agreed a £12.5m fee with Wigan midfielder James McCarthy as they continue to haggle with Manchester United over the sale of Marouane Fellaini.
Talks were ongoing over the prospective £24million sale of the Belgium international to United with Everton moving quickly to line up replacements.
Wigan midfielder McCarthy is one while Everton have also lined up Manchester City’s Gareth Barry, Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi and remain keen on Blackpool’s Tom Ince.
James McCarthy is widely considered to be the best midfielder in the Irish national team having shone at the Latics over the past two season.
An excellent passer and creative midfielder, FA Cup winner McCarthy is still a burgeoning talent who many are hoping can become a star of his generation.
- Everton have made contact with Napoli winger Dries Mertens [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- MOTD viewers celebrate Phil Neville’s appointment as Valencia assistant manager [...
- Everton starlet Ryan Ledson (17) scored a wonderchip in U21 training [Video]
- Lucas Leiva tries to kick Everton fan out of Liverpool club shop for carrying a blue ba...
- Ex-Everton star Tim Cahill scores bullet header for Shanghai Shenhua [video]
- Everton fans celebrate the imminent signing of Gerard Deulofeu [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi