DONE DEAL: Emre Can arrives at Liverpool after moving from Bayer Leverkusen [Pictures]
- July 3, 2014
A month ago, at the start of June, Liverpool announced the signing of midfielder Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.
Liverpool activated Can’s release clause of £9.75 million to sign the 20-year-old.
Can is a highly-rated German prospect, and many questioned the judgement of former club Bayern Munich when they agreed to let him go in 2013.
Can made 39 appearances for Leverkusen in all competitions last season including 7 appearances in the Champions League.
On Thursday Can arrived at Melwood, and the new signing proceeded to issues his first statements about joining the Reds. The youngster said:
I am proud to be a part of the family and I am looking forward to playing here. I will give it my best.
LFC is a great club and the fans are amongst the best in the world. I am looking forward to the first game and can’t wait to step on the pitch for the first time at Anfield.
See pictures as Emre Can arrived at Liverpool below.
- Liverpool fans post Raheem Sterling’s phone number online, call for player to be ...
- Liverpool fans rant against Raheem Sterling as he wants to skip the pre-season tour to ...
- Raheem Sterling tells Liverpool to leave him out of pre-season tour so he can sign for ...
- New Tottenham man Dele Alli admits he rejected Liverpool [FourFourTwo]
- Fans react to Independent’s harsh article on Anfield absence of grieving Mario Ba...
- People in LA have no idea who Steven Gerrard is, one guy thought he played for Man Unit...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi