- Slip FAIL! Sao Paulo’s Alan Kardec incredibly bad penalty v Atletico Nacional [Video]
- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
- Chelsea U21 star Charly Musonda shows his keepy-uppy skills with a sock ball [Instagram]
- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
DONE DEAL: Emre Can arrives at Liverpool after moving from Bayer Leverkusen [Pictures]
A month ago, at the start of June, Liverpool announced the signing of midfielder Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.
Liverpool activated Can’s release clause of £9.75 million to sign the 20-year-old.
Can is a highly-rated German prospect, and many questioned the judgement of former club Bayern Munich when they agreed to let him go in 2013.
Can made 39 appearances for Leverkusen in all competitions last season including 7 appearances in the Champions League.
On Thursday Can arrived at Melwood, and the new signing proceeded to issues his first statements about joining the Reds. The youngster said:
I am proud to be a part of the family and I am looking forward to playing here. I will give it my best.
LFC is a great club and the fans are amongst the best in the world. I am looking forward to the first game and can’t wait to step on the pitch for the first time at Anfield.
See pictures as Emre Can arrived at Liverpool below.
- Updated: July 3, 2014