DONE DEAL: Emre Can arrives at Liverpool after moving from Bayer Leverkusen [Pictures]
- July 3, 2014
A month ago, at the start of June, Liverpool announced the signing of midfielder Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.
Liverpool activated Can’s release clause of £9.75 million to sign the 20-year-old.
Can is a highly-rated German prospect, and many questioned the judgement of former club Bayern Munich when they agreed to let him go in 2013.
Can made 39 appearances for Leverkusen in all competitions last season including 7 appearances in the Champions League.
On Thursday Can arrived at Melwood, and the new signing proceeded to issues his first statements about joining the Reds. The youngster said:
I am proud to be a part of the family and I am looking forward to playing here. I will give it my best.
LFC is a great club and the fans are amongst the best in the world. I am looking forward to the first game and can’t wait to step on the pitch for the first time at Anfield.
See pictures as Emre Can arrived at Liverpool below.
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...