- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
DONE DEAL! Chelsea sign former Arsenal man Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona [Picture]
Chelsea have got their man!
The Blues have officially announced on Thursday afternoon, just hours before the start of the World Cup, that former Arsenal man sign Cesc Fabregas has joined from Barcelona.
Cesc, who once famously said he could only see himself playing for Arsenal or Barcelona, is now a Chelsea man.
Fabregas’ arrival sets-off the departure of all-time record Chelsea goalscorer Frank Lampard this summer.
The Pensioners made the announcement on their website with a picture of Cesc wearing blue, whilst writing the following:
The 27-year-old has joined on a five-year contract and will wear the no. 4 shirt.
He said: ‘Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed three wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.
‘I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time to return.
‘I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can’t wait to start playing.’
- Updated: June 12, 2014