DONE DEAL! Chelsea sign former Arsenal man Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona [Picture]
- June 12, 2014
Chelsea have got their man!
The Blues have officially announced on Thursday afternoon, just hours before the start of the World Cup, that former Arsenal man sign Cesc Fabregas has joined from Barcelona.
Cesc, who once famously said he could only see himself playing for Arsenal or Barcelona, is now a Chelsea man.
Fabregas’ arrival sets-off the departure of all-time record Chelsea goalscorer Frank Lampard this summer.
The Pensioners made the announcement on their website with a picture of Cesc wearing blue, whilst writing the following:
The 27-year-old has joined on a five-year contract and will wear the no. 4 shirt.
He said: ‘Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed three wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.
‘I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time to return.
‘I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can’t wait to start playing.’
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...