DONE DEAL! Chelsea sign former Arsenal man Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona [Picture]
- June 12, 2014
Chelsea have got their man!
The Blues have officially announced on Thursday afternoon, just hours before the start of the World Cup, that former Arsenal man sign Cesc Fabregas has joined from Barcelona.
Cesc, who once famously said he could only see himself playing for Arsenal or Barcelona, is now a Chelsea man.
Fabregas’ arrival sets-off the departure of all-time record Chelsea goalscorer Frank Lampard this summer.
The Pensioners made the announcement on their website with a picture of Cesc wearing blue, whilst writing the following:
The 27-year-old has joined on a five-year contract and will wear the no. 4 shirt.
He said: ‘Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed three wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.
‘I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time to return.
‘I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can’t wait to start playing.’
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]