Done Deal: Chelsea officially sign Willian subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday
- August 25, 2013
It’s done. Done. Over.
Chelsea announced the capture of Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala on Sunday morning, posting on their website:
TERMS AGREED FOR WILLIAN
Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.
The transfer is subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday.
The deal is rumoured to be for £30 million.
The story of Chelsea’s capture of Willian is now well-know. The Brazilian was all-but signed for Tottenham at the end of last week, only until Roman Abramovich personally called the chairman of Anzhi, to convince him to sell to Chelsea instead.
To date, Willian’s transfer to Chelsea is the biggest sale in Anzhi’s history.
There are questions open as to how Jose Mourinho will incorporate Willian into his team. Already Chelsea seemed well-stocked with midfielders including Essien, Ramires, Oscar, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Mikel, Moses, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel all available.
Watch Paul Merson confuse new Chelsea signing Willian with Will.i.am below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi