- Fergie: ‘Man United’s Michael Carrick is best centre midfielder in the Premier League’ [Video]
- Carlos Tevez nutmegs the keeper, gives Juve the lead v Napoli [Video]
- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
Done Deal: Chelsea officially sign Willian subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday
It’s done. Done. Over.
Chelsea announced the capture of Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala on Sunday morning, posting on their website:
TERMS AGREED FOR WILLIAN
Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.
The transfer is subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday.
The deal is rumoured to be for £30 million.
The story of Chelsea’s capture of Willian is now well-know. The Brazilian was all-but signed for Tottenham at the end of last week, only until Roman Abramovich personally called the chairman of Anzhi, to convince him to sell to Chelsea instead.
To date, Willian’s transfer to Chelsea is the biggest sale in Anzhi’s history.
There are questions open as to how Jose Mourinho will incorporate Willian into his team. Already Chelsea seemed well-stocked with midfielders including Essien, Ramires, Oscar, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Mikel, Moses, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel all available.
Watch Paul Merson confuse new Chelsea signing Willian with Will.i.am below.
- Updated: August 25, 2013