Done Deal: Chelsea officially sign Willian subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday
- August 25, 2013
It’s done. Done. Over.
Chelsea announced the capture of Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala on Sunday morning, posting on their website:
TERMS AGREED FOR WILLIAN
Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.
The transfer is subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday.
The deal is rumoured to be for £30 million.
The story of Chelsea’s capture of Willian is now well-know. The Brazilian was all-but signed for Tottenham at the end of last week, only until Roman Abramovich personally called the chairman of Anzhi, to convince him to sell to Chelsea instead.
To date, Willian’s transfer to Chelsea is the biggest sale in Anzhi’s history.
There are questions open as to how Jose Mourinho will incorporate Willian into his team. Already Chelsea seemed well-stocked with midfielders including Essien, Ramires, Oscar, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Mikel, Moses, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel all available.
Watch Paul Merson confuse new Chelsea signing Willian with Will.i.am below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...