- Ex-Manchester United man Phil Neville: ‘Arsenal’s defenders can’t defend, Wenger’s responsibility’ [Video]
- ‘I believe we can do it’: Pellegrini’s presser pre-Manchester City v Bayern Munich [Video]
- Total Football! Ntep finishes beautiful Rennes team move v Guingamp [GIF]
- DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders) talks about his upcoming move to Spurs [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers potential sacking “not even a talking point” for Liverpool owners [BBC]
DONE DEAL: Cardiff sign Federico Macheda on a free transfer from Manchester United
Federico Macheda’s days at Manchester United have officially come to a close.
The young Italian, who will forever be remembered at Old Trafford for that injury time winner against Aston Villa, has seen his contract at United expire, and he has gone on to join Cardiff City on a free transfer.
Macheda, 22, has penned a three year deal in Wales.
Cardiff announced the deal on their website saying:
City are delighted to confirm the signing of Italian striker Federico Macheda on a free transfer.
Federico will join the club on July 1st 2014 following the expiration of his contract at Manchester United.
[Macheda] said: “It’s a massive opportunity for me and it is with thanks to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that I am here. He played a big part of my decision and I’m really looking forward to starting this season.
Last season I had a good spell on loan at Birmingham City, but this is a new chapter of my career now and I can’t wait to get started and show everyone who I am.
Knowing Ole, he wants to get back into the Premier League as soon as possible and the recent signings show that. I’m here for the same reason.
- Updated: May 27, 2014