DONE DEAL! Barcelona sign Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia for €20m
- July 23, 2014
Barcelona’s summer spending spree has continued on Wednesday.
The Catalans have announced the signing of defender Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia for €20m.
Mathieu has joined the Camp Nou on a four year contract, plus an option for a one-year extension, while the French international has also agreed a €50m buyout clause.
Mathieu is 30-years-old, and his favoured positions is either centre-half or left-back.
Mathieu, following his public transfer request, refused to play in last weekend’s friendly in Germany saying that he didn’t want to risk injury ahead of a possible transfer “to the biggest club in the world.”
The signing of Mathieu will secure a position the club has been attempting to fulfill for the past two seasons, providing height and skill at the back.
See footage of Jeremy Mathieu in action below.
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- President of newly-promoted Turkish side Antalyaspor reveals hope to sign Lionel Messi
- Juventus star Paul Pogba plays down talk of Barcelona in interview with Soccer 360
- Barcelona hero Neymar sends young girl signed boots after she writes essay about him [V...
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo claims there are no plans to mark Barca star Leo Messi i...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi