Done at Chelsea, defender Ashley Cole could be set for a shock return to Arsenal [Daily Mail]
- February 5, 2014
Last week it was Robin van Perise, today it’s Ashley Cole.
The Daily Mail appear to have a hard-on for trying to piece back together the great Arsenal team of yesteryear as, after spreading rumours that Robin van Persie could walk out on Manchester United to return to the Gunners, today a similar story is peddle with regards to Ashley Cole.
The hack responsible for tabling this non-starter transfer rumour is Neil Ashton, who seems to base much of his opinion on conjecture and assumptions. Ashton writes:
Cole’s work at Chelsea is done… A first-class defender is now second choice for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. At some point it must come to a natural conclusion.
If he leaves Chelsea this summer, when the contract he signed last January expires, at least he can make a dignified exit.
It wasn’t that long ago, after Arsenal’s 0-0 draw with Chelsea on December 23, that Arsene Wenger admitted he would take him back. Asked whether he would be prepared to re-sign a man who forced through a move to Chelsea in 2006, Wenger replied: ‘If I needed a left back, yes.’
Don’t rule anything out in this game.
Video evidence from when Ashley Cole was an Arsenal player is below.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi