Done at Chelsea, defender Ashley Cole could be set for a shock return to Arsenal [Daily Mail]
- February 5, 2014
Last week it was Robin van Perise, today it’s Ashley Cole.
The Daily Mail appear to have a hard-on for trying to piece back together the great Arsenal team of yesteryear as, after spreading rumours that Robin van Persie could walk out on Manchester United to return to the Gunners, today a similar story is peddle with regards to Ashley Cole.
The hack responsible for tabling this non-starter transfer rumour is Neil Ashton, who seems to base much of his opinion on conjecture and assumptions. Ashton writes:
Cole’s work at Chelsea is done… A first-class defender is now second choice for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. At some point it must come to a natural conclusion.
If he leaves Chelsea this summer, when the contract he signed last January expires, at least he can make a dignified exit.
It wasn’t that long ago, after Arsenal’s 0-0 draw with Chelsea on December 23, that Arsene Wenger admitted he would take him back. Asked whether he would be prepared to re-sign a man who forced through a move to Chelsea in 2006, Wenger replied: ‘If I needed a left back, yes.’
Don’t rule anything out in this game.
Video evidence from when Ashley Cole was an Arsenal player is below.
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...