Doing a Luis Suarez: An Ecuadorian footballer bites an opponent in the face
A shocking incident was recorded on Sunday night in Ecuador as a footballer tried doing a Luis Suarez by biting an opponent in the face.
Edwin Hurtado, a 30-year-old defender for Deportivo Quevedo, collected a yellow card midway through the second half against SC Barcelona, when he went for opponent Andrés Franzoia with his gnashers.
The episode began when Franzoia jostled in the box with a Deportivo Quevedo during a corner, and Franzoia’s physical play left his marker flat out on the ground.
That sparked a fracas between Franzoia and Hurtado, which escalated when Hurtado crazily went on the attack with his teeth.
Hurtado looked to bit Franzoia on his nose, and immediately the attacker fell to the floor. Whilst the incident undoubtedly appeared nasty, it’s unclear just how much contact Hurtado actually made.
Watch the Luis Suarez copycat incident in Ecuador below.
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cup [video]
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catolica) v San...
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the head
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on Atletico...
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)