Bournemouth’s O’Kane says sorry on Twitter after a phantom whistle penalty FAIL
- January 21, 2013
I can only apologise for what happened today! Though I had heard a whistle so was trying to get the ball back to them to speed the game up!
— Eunan O’Kane (@eunan10) January 19, 2013
Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane, 22, suffered a hearing FAIL during the Cherries 3-1 away defeat at Walsall last weekend.
In an incident more suitable for a school playground than a professional football match, O’Kane gave away one of the softest penalties ever after he picked up the ball in his own area having thought the reefree had blown his whistle for a foul.
Sadly for O’Kane his ears deceived him, and after being duped by a phantom whistle the midfielder was left to suffer the ignominy of having given away one of the all-time cheap penalties.
Watch Eunan O’Kane’s hearing FAIL below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...