Bournemouth’s O’Kane says sorry on Twitter after a phantom whistle penalty FAIL
- January 21, 2013
I can only apologise for what happened today! Though I had heard a whistle so was trying to get the ball back to them to speed the game up!
— Eunan O’Kane (@eunan10) January 19, 2013
Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane, 22, suffered a hearing FAIL during the Cherries 3-1 away defeat at Walsall last weekend.
In an incident more suitable for a school playground than a professional football match, O’Kane gave away one of the softest penalties ever after he picked up the ball in his own area having thought the reefree had blown his whistle for a foul.
Sadly for O’Kane his ears deceived him, and after being duped by a phantom whistle the midfielder was left to suffer the ignominy of having given away one of the all-time cheap penalties.
Watch Eunan O’Kane’s hearing FAIL below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi