Bournemouth’s O’Kane says sorry on Twitter after a phantom whistle penalty FAIL
- January 21, 2013
I can only apologise for what happened today! Though I had heard a whistle so was trying to get the ball back to them to speed the game up!
— Eunan O’Kane (@eunan10) January 19, 2013
Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane, 22, suffered a hearing FAIL during the Cherries 3-1 away defeat at Walsall last weekend.
In an incident more suitable for a school playground than a professional football match, O’Kane gave away one of the softest penalties ever after he picked up the ball in his own area having thought the reefree had blown his whistle for a foul.
Sadly for O’Kane his ears deceived him, and after being duped by a phantom whistle the midfielder was left to suffer the ignominy of having given away one of the all-time cheap penalties.
Watch Eunan O’Kane’s hearing FAIL below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...