- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Bournemouth’s O’Kane says sorry on Twitter after a phantom whistle penalty FAIL
- January 21, 2013
I can only apologise for what happened today! Though I had heard a whistle so was trying to get the ball back to them to speed the game up!
— Eunan O’Kane (@eunan10) January 19, 2013
Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane, 22, suffered a hearing FAIL during the Cherries 3-1 away defeat at Walsall last weekend.
In an incident more suitable for a school playground than a professional football match, O’Kane gave away one of the softest penalties ever after he picked up the ball in his own area having thought the reefree had blown his whistle for a foul.
Sadly for O’Kane his ears deceived him, and after being duped by a phantom whistle the midfielder was left to suffer the ignominy of having given away one of the all-time cheap penalties.
Watch Eunan O’Kane’s hearing FAIL below.