D’oh! Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud says “I love English pop rock, the Beatles, Coldplay & Green Day”
A new video has surfaced of Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud talking about his emotions when the French striker hears his song sung at the Emirates.
Arsenal fans have rearranged the hook of the Beatles’ classic song “Hey Jude” to make it fit for leading centre-forward, yet when the striker talked about the tune he seemed alittle confused as to which music bands are actually English.
Giroud said: “I love English pop rock. I love The Beatles, Coldplay, Green Day. So I like a lot of English music… I’m really proud to have my proper song, my own song. It gives me goosebumps.”
Obviously music aficionados will be quick to spot the error in Giroud’s comments as Green Day are very much an all American group.
Listen to Olivier Giroud’s comments below.
Watch Live Stream
- Shkodran Mustafi tells Sky Sports News why he chose to join ArsenalAugust 28, 2016
- Done Deal: Arsenal sign Shkodran Mustafi [Sky Germany]August 28, 2016
- Sampdoria to win big as Arsenal sign Valencia’s Shkodran MustafiAugust 28, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge is like Jack Wilshere. They need to perform on the training pitch (Sky Video)August 28, 2016
- Olivier Giroud’s agent speaks positively about move from Arsenal to NapoliJuly 12, 2016
- Arsenal linked to Gonzalo Higuain again, this time offering Olivier Giroud in exchange [Di Marzio]July 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud took out Patrice Evra in the France warm up (Video)July 11, 2016
- Arsenal reject several bids for France striker Olivier Giroud [Mirror]July 9, 2016