D’oh! Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud says “I love English pop rock, the Beatles, Coldplay & Green Day”
A new video has surfaced of Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud talking about his emotions when the French striker hears his song sung at the Emirates.
Arsenal fans have rearranged the hook of the Beatles’ classic song “Hey Jude” to make it fit for leading centre-forward, yet when the striker talked about the tune he seemed alittle confused as to which music bands are actually English.
Giroud said: “I love English pop rock. I love The Beatles, Coldplay, Green Day. So I like a lot of English music… I’m really proud to have my proper song, my own song. It gives me goosebumps.”
Obviously music aficionados will be quick to spot the error in Giroud’s comments as Green Day are very much an all American group.
Listen to Olivier Giroud’s comments below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud grabs PSG’s Edinson Cavani by the neck at half-time (Video)November 23, 2016
- Arsene Wenger discussed Olivier Giroud’s anger after Arsenal draw at Man United (video)November 20, 2016
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud breaks a Gilberto Silva record by scoring v Mourinho’s Man UnitedNovember 19, 2016
- Super-sub Olivier Giroud rescues point for Arsenal at Man United (Video)November 19, 2016