Dismissed for doing nothing: Marko Arnautovic sees red for threatening to kick the ball at the ref
- January 28, 2013
Austrian centre-forward Marko Arnautovic received one of the strangest red cards of the season on Sunday after the Werder striker was dismissed for threatening to kick the ball at the referee.
The action all played out in the final moments of Hamburg’s 3-2 win over Bremen.
As injury time ticked over, Arnautovic, a prickly character at the best of times, found himself going into the referee’s book when he body-checked Heiko Westermann when trying to get to high ball.
Referee Thorsten Kinhofer was quick to flash the forward with a yellow card, and that sparked a furious-ish response from Arnautovic.
Pissed at his booking, the 23-year-old reacted by threatening to kick the ball at the ref’s head. He didn’t actually do anything, but that didn’t stop the anal official from producing a second yellow in quick succession.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...