- Singapore midfielder Hariss Harun scores cracking volley in win over Myanmar [Video]
- PSG attacker Lucas casually juggles the ball and balances it on his head in training [Video]
- Feyenoord fans unfurl amazing banner depicting Rotterdam hero Piet Hein capturing Spanish treasure fleet against Sevilla
- Thierry Henry hints that he would like to return to Arsenal as a coach so he can win Champions League
- The atmosphere at last night’s Superclasico between River Plate & Boca Juniors was incredible [Video]
Disgraceful! Stephan Lichtsteiner’s shocking play acting during Juventus’ win at Celtic
Juventus summoned the spirit of Catenaccio and some of the dark arts of Italian teams in the past during their 3-0 win over Celtic on Tuesday evening.
There is no doubting the class of The Old Lady, with Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio in particular highly impressive at Celtic Park, but the Scottish side were left unhappy with the set piece wrestling that could easily have been penalised by referee Alberto Undiano.
After the game Stephan Lichtsteiner, the Swiss defender involved in many of the controversial incidents in the first half, admitted that Celtic had scored 40% of their goals from set pieces in the Champions League and Juventus were keen not to concede from these situations.
Some of the play acting and jostling though got a bit ridiculous and Juventus were very lucky not to concede a penalty.
After Lichsteiner had wrestled with Gary Hooper for much of the first half, Scott Brown took over in the second period and there was one incident that saw the Juventus defender produce a shocking dive.
It has to be seen to be believed. GIF above. Video below.
- Updated: February 13, 2013