Disgraceful! Stephan Lichtsteiner’s shocking play acting during Juventus’ win at Celtic
- February 13, 2013
Juventus summoned the spirit of Catenaccio and some of the dark arts of Italian teams in the past during their 3-0 win over Celtic on Tuesday evening.
There is no doubting the class of The Old Lady, with Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio in particular highly impressive at Celtic Park, but the Scottish side were left unhappy with the set piece wrestling that could easily have been penalised by referee Alberto Undiano.
After the game Stephan Lichtsteiner, the Swiss defender involved in many of the controversial incidents in the first half, admitted that Celtic had scored 40% of their goals from set pieces in the Champions League and Juventus were keen not to concede from these situations.
Some of the play acting and jostling though got a bit ridiculous and Juventus were very lucky not to concede a penalty.
After Lichsteiner had wrestled with Gary Hooper for much of the first half, Scott Brown took over in the second period and there was one incident that saw the Juventus defender produce a shocking dive.
It has to be seen to be believed. GIF above. Video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi