DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on Atletico’s Tiago [Video]
- February 9, 2014
Atletico Madrid suffered a setback in their attempts to muscle in on the title race between Real Madrid and Barcelona as they lost 2-0 away at Almeria on Saturday night.
Aside from the result, Atletico felt they incurred a major injustice when Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a terrible tackle on Tiago.
In the 67th minute, when the match was still goalless, Almeria’s #11 committed a horrific two footed lunge on Tiago. It was the type of tackle that breaks legs and the referee had a perfect viewpoint to see the incident, yet incredibly the Almeria player wasn’t even booked for his awful challenge.
Tiago was subbed minutes after the event, and the player is said to be suffering with a sprained knee joint which could keep him out of action for a while.
Watch the shocking tackle below.
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Stefan Savic explains why he left Fiorentina for Atletico Madrid [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi