DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on Atletico’s Tiago [Video]
Atletico Madrid suffered a setback in their attempts to muscle in on the title race between Real Madrid and Barcelona as they lost 2-0 away at Almeria on Saturday night.
Aside from the result, Atletico felt they incurred a major injustice when Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a terrible tackle on Tiago.
In the 67th minute, when the match was still goalless, Almeria’s #11 committed a horrific two footed lunge on Tiago. It was the type of tackle that breaks legs and the referee had a perfect viewpoint to see the incident, yet incredibly the Almeria player wasn’t even booked for his awful challenge.
Tiago was subbed minutes after the event, and the player is said to be suffering with a sprained knee joint which could keep him out of action for a while.
Watch the shocking tackle below.
Watch Live Stream
- Incredible video of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rousing half-time speech in CL finalOctober 23, 2016
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cup [video]April 17, 2014
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catolica) v Santiago WanderersMarch 18, 2014
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the headMarch 15, 2014
- Serious ouch! Giampaolo Pazzini overhead kicks Kamel Glik in the faceFebruary 1, 2014