Dirty Diver! Ex-Arsenal flop Marouane Chamakh lets down Crystal Palace with a horrible dive at Southampton
- September 29, 2013
Crystal Palace’s difficult start to the Premier League season continued on Saturday at Southampton as the Eagles slumped to a 2-0 away defeat on the south coast.
Palace have now lost six games in their their last seven matches, and barring a magical turnaround it already seems nailed-on that Ian Holloway’s men will be returning to the Championship next season.
Compounding the South Londoners defeat on Saturday was a terrible dive from former Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.
Just before the half hour Palace had a wonderful opportunity to break the deadlock as the Moroccan international had a one-on-one against Saints goalie Artur Boruc for a superb goalscoring opportunity for the visitors.
At first instance it looked like Chamakh had done everything correct as he pushed the ball around the Polish goalie, and it appeared as if Boruc had fouled the Palace attacker for a stonewall penalty. But that wasn’t the case at all.
In an instance which highlighted the lack of confidence Chamakh has in front of goal, the striker, with the net at his mercy, committed a dirty dive in an attempt to con the ref, however his simulation failed to work.
After the match a depressed Ian Holloway commented, “Chamakh looks like he’s dived there to be honest, which I’m not too happy about. He went over far too easily.”
Watch Marouane Chamakh’s dirty dive against Southampton below.
- Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) makes Gordon Banks-esque save to deny Crystal Palace (Video)
- Patrick Bamford admits it was an easy decision to leave Chelsea for Crystal Palace [Video]
- Patrick Bamford moves to Crystal Palace on season-long loan after signing new Chelsea deal
- Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford set for 1-year loan deal at Crystal Palace [Mail]
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Crystal Palace & Everton are fighting to sign striker Jordan Ayew [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi