- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Dirty Diver! Ex-Arsenal flop Marouane Chamakh lets down Crystal Palace with a horrible dive at Southampton
Crystal Palace’s difficult start to the Premier League season continued on Saturday at Southampton as the Eagles slumped to a 2-0 away defeat on the south coast.
Palace have now lost six games in their their last seven matches, and barring a magical turnaround it already seems nailed-on that Ian Holloway’s men will be returning to the Championship next season.
Compounding the South Londoners defeat on Saturday was a terrible dive from former Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.
Just before the half hour Palace had a wonderful opportunity to break the deadlock as the Moroccan international had a one-on-one against Saints goalie Artur Boruc for a superb goalscoring opportunity for the visitors.
At first instance it looked like Chamakh had done everything correct as he pushed the ball around the Polish goalie, and it appeared as if Boruc had fouled the Palace attacker for a stonewall penalty. But that wasn’t the case at all.
In an instance which highlighted the lack of confidence Chamakh has in front of goal, the striker, with the net at his mercy, committed a dirty dive in an attempt to con the ref, however his simulation failed to work.
After the match a depressed Ian Holloway commented, “Chamakh looks like he’s dived there to be honest, which I’m not too happy about. He went over far too easily.”
Watch Marouane Chamakh’s dirty dive against Southampton below.
- Updated: September 29, 2013