Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid pull off Argentina 98 free-kick again, to beat Porto
- October 2, 2013
In early September we posted about how Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid pulled off a clever free-kick in their La Liga win over Almeria.
Since that time, Simeone’s stock has risen immeasurably as Atletico Madrid have won all their La Liga matches, including another famous victory at the Bernabeu last Saturday night.
Whether Atletico Madrid can challenge Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga and the big powers in the Champions League remains to be seen but it should be a great watch to see if the Rojiblancos can give it a right good go.
On Tuesday, they pulled off another hugely impressive win, coming from behind to beat Porto in Portugal.
The winner, on 86 minutes, scored by Arda Turan, was another replica of Argentina’s 1998 World Cup free-kick against England, which of course was a game that Simeone played in.
Arguably, Porto should have been aware of what might have been coming and we wonder if Atletico Madrid can pull off this free-kick again this season or in the future at all.
Compare Argentina’s free-kick v England to Atletico Madrid’s winner at Porto on the videos below.
[gthumb id=”360456″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Antoine Griezmann loved Wayne Rooney’s back heel during Man United v Club Brugge ...
- Atletico Madrid strung together 33 passes in 86 seconds for a team golazo v Real Socied...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...