Diego Forlan explains in 442 magazine how he told Luis Suarez to join Man United and not Liverpool
- April 9, 2014
Diego Forlan, currently playing his football in the J-League with Cerezo Osaka, has dished out some quotes this week about his relationship with Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
According to Forlan’s column in 442 magazine, he tried to convince Suarez to join Manchester United and not Liverpool when the Uruguayan international left Ajax back in 2011.
Forlan wrote the following:
We’re close and we get on well. He’s polite and keen to learn, always asking me questions and for advice. I like how he feels he can turn to me in good and bad moments. Like when Liverpool made him an offer.
Of course, I told him he should join Manchester United, but I also spoke well of Liverpool and their history. I told him how, after I’d scored for Atletico at Anfield to knock them out of the Europa League, their fans applauded me.
He loves playing at Liverpool. He likes the Premier League – and the fans love him because he’s a striker’s striker.
He still chases everything, like Wayne Rooney used to before he moved deeper, and he’s learned from his mistakes. We all make them.
Who would I vote for as Player of the Year in the Premier League? It’s either Luis or Kun. Which one? That’s really hard to answer. Gun to my head? Luis, in part because Kun has missed some games through injury.
Forlan will reunited with Luis Suarez at the World Cup last this summer, when Uruguay try to escape from the same group as England which also features Italy and Costa Rica.
- Diego Forlan signs for Uruguayan giants Peñarol [Video]
- Uruguayan legend Diego Forlan scores classy free kick in Japanese second tier [Video]
- Ex Man United man Diego Forlan nets hat-trick in Japan including 40 yard free kick [Video]
- Diego Forlan scores a brace a Cerezo Osaka rescue a 4-4 draw v JEF United [Videos]
- Cerezo Osaka’s Diego Forlan produced a glorious assist in J-League Division 2 [Vi...
- Still got it: Diego Forlan stunning 30 yard set piece golazo on opening day of Japan di...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi