- Pep Guardiola after Bayern 4 – Hoffenheim 0: We didn’t play all that well!
- Legend! Puebla’s Cuauhtemoc Blanco (41) scores a free-kick & penalty in a 3-3 draw v Santos [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger post United defeat: We dominated, De Gea was man of the match!
- LVG presser post Arsenal 1 – Man United 2: Credits De Gea, McNair & Blackett
- Happy Basti, Happy Berni! Schweini celebrates Bayern return fighting with club mascot [Vine]
Diego Forlan explains in 442 magazine how he told Luis Suarez to join Man United and not Liverpool
Diego Forlan, currently playing his football in the J-League with Cerezo Osaka, has dished out some quotes this week about his relationship with Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
According to Forlan’s column in 442 magazine, he tried to convince Suarez to join Manchester United and not Liverpool when the Uruguayan international left Ajax back in 2011.
Forlan wrote the following:
We’re close and we get on well. He’s polite and keen to learn, always asking me questions and for advice. I like how he feels he can turn to me in good and bad moments. Like when Liverpool made him an offer.
Of course, I told him he should join Manchester United, but I also spoke well of Liverpool and their history. I told him how, after I’d scored for Atletico at Anfield to knock them out of the Europa League, their fans applauded me.
He loves playing at Liverpool. He likes the Premier League – and the fans love him because he’s a striker’s striker.
He still chases everything, like Wayne Rooney used to before he moved deeper, and he’s learned from his mistakes. We all make them.
Who would I vote for as Player of the Year in the Premier League? It’s either Luis or Kun. Which one? That’s really hard to answer. Gun to my head? Luis, in part because Kun has missed some games through injury.
Forlan will reunited with Luis Suarez at the World Cup last this summer, when Uruguay try to escape from the same group as England which also features Italy and Costa Rica.
- Updated: April 9, 2014