Diego Costa explains why he’s chosen to represent Spain over Brazil: ‘Spain has given me everything’ [Video]
- October 30, 2013
It’s official: Diego Costa has chosen to represent Spain in international football, over his homeland and place of birth Brazil.
Given the importance of this life-changing decision, and the stir it’s caused back in Brazil with manager Big Phil Scolari accusing him of turning his back on his country, Costa has articulated his difficult decision to Atletico Madrid’s website, explaining:
“I hope people understand and respect my decision because it has been very difficult. It was very difficult to choose between the country where you were born and the country that has given you everything.
I looked at everything and saw that it was right and best to play for Spain because this is where I have done everything. All that I have in my life was given to me by this country.
I have a special affection. Here I feel very appreciated for all that I do and I feel the love of the people.
I hope people understand because it is not something against Brazil. I have family in Brazil and it is the country where I was born. I hope that God allows me to live there again in the future.”
Watch Diego Costa’s video explanation on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”370633″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Diego Costa & Juan Mata recalled to Spain squad
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Tunnel Cam: Diego Costa gave Fernandinho a death stare at half time of Man City v Chels...
- Chelsea fans slate Diego Costa for spending Man City game diving and fighting (Videos)
- Diego Costa hits Ibiza immediately after Chelsea’s draw with Swansea, hangs out w...
- Diego Costa takes part in Chelsea training on eve of Premier League opener v Swansea
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...