Diego Costa confirms he is joining Chelsea in interview with Cadena Copa radio station
Having struggled with injury at the back end of the 2013/2014 club season, there was a major boost for Spain and Diego Costa when the
Brazilian Spanish striker started the friendly win over El Salvador on Saturday night.
Costa played 74 minutes and showed off his rugged qualities as the world champions won 2-0 in Maryland.
The rumours of a Diego Costa move from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea have been rife for a few months now and in an interview with Cadena Cope radio station after the El Salvador friendly, he all but confirmed he will be playing at Stamford Bridge next season.
When asked about his future after the World Cup, Costa replied: “Am I going to Chelsea? It looks like it.”
There had been suggestions in the last month that of all the parties involved, Costa was the least keen on a move to Chelsea, which may explain his hesitant answer.
As a result, it looks like Chelsea will have two starting Spanish internationals in their ranks next season with Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa all but confirmed to be joining Jose Mourinho’s side.
Video above, with English subtitles, via @feroze17.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- Arsenal tried to sign Antoine Griezmann & Robert Lewandowski this summer [Sun]August 28, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea told what they have to pay to sign Fabinho [L’Equipe]August 29, 2016
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas addresses Chelsea Exit rumours, insists he’s staying and has Conte’s backing [Instagram]August 28, 2016
- N’Golo Kante amused by his new nickname at Chelsea (Video)August 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa causes confusion with Instagram Selfie with brother JairAugust 22, 2016
- Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone reveals he tried to re-sign Chelsea striker Diego CostaAugust 19, 2016
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa admits he didn’t know about the new Premier League rulesAugust 18, 2016
- Chelsea striker Diego Costa says he’s being unfairly targeted in England [ESPN Brasil]August 16, 2016