Diego Costa confirms he is joining Chelsea in interview with Cadena Copa radio station
- June 8, 2014
Having struggled with injury at the back end of the 2013/2014 club season, there was a major boost for Spain and Diego Costa when the
Brazilian Spanish striker started the friendly win over El Salvador on Saturday night.
Costa played 74 minutes and showed off his rugged qualities as the world champions won 2-0 in Maryland.
The rumours of a Diego Costa move from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea have been rife for a few months now and in an interview with Cadena Cope radio station after the El Salvador friendly, he all but confirmed he will be playing at Stamford Bridge next season.
When asked about his future after the World Cup, Costa replied: “Am I going to Chelsea? It looks like it.”
There had been suggestions in the last month that of all the parties involved, Costa was the least keen on a move to Chelsea, which may explain his hesitant answer.
As a result, it looks like Chelsea will have two starting Spanish internationals in their ranks next season with Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa all but confirmed to be joining Jose Mourinho’s side.
Video above, with English subtitles, via @feroze17.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...