Diego Costa confirms he is joining Chelsea in interview with Cadena Copa radio station
- June 8, 2014
Having struggled with injury at the back end of the 2013/2014 club season, there was a major boost for Spain and Diego Costa when the
Brazilian Spanish striker started the friendly win over El Salvador on Saturday night.
Costa played 74 minutes and showed off his rugged qualities as the world champions won 2-0 in Maryland.
The rumours of a Diego Costa move from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea have been rife for a few months now and in an interview with Cadena Cope radio station after the El Salvador friendly, he all but confirmed he will be playing at Stamford Bridge next season.
When asked about his future after the World Cup, Costa replied: “Am I going to Chelsea? It looks like it.”
There had been suggestions in the last month that of all the parties involved, Costa was the least keen on a move to Chelsea, which may explain his hesitant answer.
As a result, it looks like Chelsea will have two starting Spanish internationals in their ranks next season with Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa all but confirmed to be joining Jose Mourinho’s side.
Video above, with English subtitles, via @feroze17.
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi