- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
- Scenes! Hoardings collapse as PSV fans celebrate Luuk de Jong’s hat trick goal in 4-3 win [Video]
Diego Costa confirms he is joining Chelsea in interview with Cadena Copa radio station
Having struggled with injury at the back end of the 2013/2014 club season, there was a major boost for Spain and Diego Costa when the
Brazilian Spanish striker started the friendly win over El Salvador on Saturday night.
Costa played 74 minutes and showed off his rugged qualities as the world champions won 2-0 in Maryland.
The rumours of a Diego Costa move from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea have been rife for a few months now and in an interview with Cadena Cope radio station after the El Salvador friendly, he all but confirmed he will be playing at Stamford Bridge next season.
When asked about his future after the World Cup, Costa replied: “Am I going to Chelsea? It looks like it.”
There had been suggestions in the last month that of all the parties involved, Costa was the least keen on a move to Chelsea, which may explain his hesitant answer.
As a result, it looks like Chelsea will have two starting Spanish internationals in their ranks next season with Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa all but confirmed to be joining Jose Mourinho’s side.
Video above, with English subtitles, via @feroze17.
- Updated: June 8, 2014