- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
- John Terry Instagrams pic of West Ham fans taunting him, ‘They were wishing me Happy Christmas!’
- Barça’s Luis Suarez: ‘It’s easy playing with Messi & Neymar, they do such incredible things’ [Video]
Didier Drogba publicly addresses criticisms from Galatasaray fans about his performance v Chelsea [Instagram]
Didier Drogba has come out fighting on Instagram on Wednesday night against Galatasaray fans who have turned against the team in recent weeks.
A section of Galatasaray have been vocal in their opinions about Drogba’s individual performance against Chelsea in the Champions League, while rumours are flying about Roberto Mancini’s head being on the line in light of the club’s recent disappointments.
Drogba has now chosen to give his opinion on all the anger from the fans, posting the following message and picture (above) onto his Instagram page:
There has been many many false stories written in the past few days – so I just want say thank you to the true Galatasaray fans who support us even in our difficult moments.
No one is perfect & all we can do after defeat is work harder & focus on the next games including the derby !!!
We are disappointed in defeat as much as you are, but we need the fans support to keep us strong.
To the people who criticised me after the Chelsea game – I too was unhappy that we lost. I wanted more than anything to take Galatasaray to the last 8 of the Champions League, but let’s be honest Chelsea were the better team on the night.
My love & respect for the Chelsea fans is the same love I have for the fans here at Galatasaray, and also at Marseille.
It is normal that at a club you build a relationship with the fans & it is something that has been important to me at every club I have played at. It is sad that some people did not understand this…
I hope to get fit soon to be able to help my team get thru this moments @didierdrogba #cimbom
- Updated: March 26, 2014