Didi Hamann warns Barcelona that Luis Suarez ‘can’t be trusted’ [Daily Mail]
- August 13, 2014
Didi Hamann has said that new Barcelona signing Luis Suarez can’t be trusted, report the Daily Mail.
Former Liverpool player Hamann said that although he admired Suarez’s talent, he felt that the club could never rely on him during his spell in England.
Speaking a McDonald’s and Football Association Community Football Day, Hamann said: “I think Liverpool have bought well. I have always been very critical of Suarez’s antics.In footballing terms, he is a big loss, but somebody else will score the goals and I think, long-term, they will be better off without him than with him.
I’d rather have the six or seven players they have now than Suarez, because at the end of the day, if you want to win things, you need people you can trust, and he can’t be trusted. If he does something stupid again, he could be out for years, or for good. Yes, he has been great, there is no doubt about it. But what could have been if he had not missed all the games he did when he was here? Maybe the team would have been in the Champions League a while ago.”
Since retiring from football, Hamann has made a name for himself as an outspoken pundit and once again he isn’t afraid to be frank about his views on the world’s most controversial footballer.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]