Didi Hamann warns Barcelona that Luis Suarez ‘can’t be trusted’ [Daily Mail]
Didi Hamann has said that new Barcelona signing Luis Suarez can’t be trusted, report the Daily Mail.
Former Liverpool player Hamann said that although he admired Suarez’s talent, he felt that the club could never rely on him during his spell in England.
Speaking a McDonald’s and Football Association Community Football Day, Hamann said: “I think Liverpool have bought well. I have always been very critical of Suarez’s antics.In footballing terms, he is a big loss, but somebody else will score the goals and I think, long-term, they will be better off without him than with him.
I’d rather have the six or seven players they have now than Suarez, because at the end of the day, if you want to win things, you need people you can trust, and he can’t be trusted. If he does something stupid again, he could be out for years, or for good. Yes, he has been great, there is no doubt about it. But what could have been if he had not missed all the games he did when he was here? Maybe the team would have been in the Champions League a while ago.”
Since retiring from football, Hamann has made a name for himself as an outspoken pundit and once again he isn’t afraid to be frank about his views on the world’s most controversial footballer.
Watch Live Stream
- Too far? Jordi Alba faces backlash for trolling Mateo Kovacic during El ClasicoDecember 6, 2016
- Xavi Hernandez explains why Cristiano Ronaldo probably did nothing wrong over tax scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Liverpool set for a Champions League return at BarcelonaDecember 5, 2016
- Barca legend Xavi talks about Cristiano Ronaldo’s financial problems [Rac1]December 5, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Liverpool get injury boost ahead of West Ham match at AnfieldDecember 6, 2016
- Will he be fit for West Ham? Update on Liverpool’s Sadio ManeDecember 6, 2016
- Phil Coutinho wins POTY award, Jurgen Klopp accepts award & cracks jokes (video)December 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016