- Roberto Mancini dismisses reports Inter Milan are chasing Tottenham’s Aaron Lennon
- 19-year-old Davie Selke’s sweet curler for Werder Bremen v Borussia Dortmund [Official Video]
- Bad news for Liverpool. No team has finished higher than 6th having been 10th at Xmas [Graphic]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo a loan target for Crystal Palace in January [Mirror]
- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
Didi Hamann warns Barcelona that Luis Suarez ‘can’t be trusted’ [Daily Mail]
Didi Hamann has said that new Barcelona signing Luis Suarez can’t be trusted, report the Daily Mail.
Former Liverpool player Hamann said that although he admired Suarez’s talent, he felt that the club could never rely on him during his spell in England.
Speaking a McDonald’s and Football Association Community Football Day, Hamann said: “I think Liverpool have bought well. I have always been very critical of Suarez’s antics.In footballing terms, he is a big loss, but somebody else will score the goals and I think, long-term, they will be better off without him than with him.
I’d rather have the six or seven players they have now than Suarez, because at the end of the day, if you want to win things, you need people you can trust, and he can’t be trusted. If he does something stupid again, he could be out for years, or for good. Yes, he has been great, there is no doubt about it. But what could have been if he had not missed all the games he did when he was here? Maybe the team would have been in the Champions League a while ago.”
Since retiring from football, Hamann has made a name for himself as an outspoken pundit and once again he isn’t afraid to be frank about his views on the world’s most controversial footballer.
- Updated: August 13, 2014