Didi Hamann says Colombia bringing on Mondragon was disrespectful to Japan [Video]
- June 26, 2014
The RTE panel are genuinely an entertaining bunch when they’re analysing matches and in the aftermath of Colombia’s game with Japan the other night more strong opinions were aired.
While most of the reaction to Colombia bringing on sub goalkeeper Mondragon, making him the oldest ever World Cup player in the process, was positive, it rubbed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Didi Hamann up the wrong way.
Not only did Hamann think it was disrespectful to Japan but, rather extraordinarily, he also that bad karma from the substitution might have a negative effect on the team!
He debated the matter with Richard Sadlier and Kenny Cunningham, who agreed with Hamann and quipped that Mondragon was probably riddled with arthritis!
Watch Live Stream
- Colombian international Diego Osorio arrested at airport with 1.145kg of cocaineOctober 14, 2016
- Mother of James Rodriguez shares sick death threats sent to Real Madrid starOctober 9, 2016
- Brazil v Colombia: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-07August 31, 2016
- Neymar scores a free-kick & starts a fight in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Colombia (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Australia v Japan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-10-11October 6, 2016
- Arsenal striker Takuma Asano scores in 2-0 Japan win (Video)September 6, 2016
- Bizarre: Godzilla takes a penalty in Japan before J-League match (Video)July 24, 2016
- Leicester forward Shinji Okazaki scored a lovely goal for Japan v Afghanistan (Video)March 24, 2016