- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Didi Hamann says Colombia bringing on Mondragon was disrespectful to Japan [Video]
The RTE panel are genuinely an entertaining bunch when they’re analysing matches and in the aftermath of Colombia’s game with Japan the other night more strong opinions were aired.
While most of the reaction to Colombia bringing on sub goalkeeper Mondragon, making him the oldest ever World Cup player in the process, was positive, it rubbed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Didi Hamann up the wrong way.
Not only did Hamann think it was disrespectful to Japan but, rather extraordinarily, he also that bad karma from the substitution might have a negative effect on the team!
He debated the matter with Richard Sadlier and Kenny Cunningham, who agreed with Hamann and quipped that Mondragon was probably riddled with arthritis!
- Updated: June 26, 2014