Didi Hamann says Colombia bringing on Mondragon was disrespectful to Japan [Video]
- June 26, 2014
The RTE panel are genuinely an entertaining bunch when they’re analysing matches and in the aftermath of Colombia’s game with Japan the other night more strong opinions were aired.
While most of the reaction to Colombia bringing on sub goalkeeper Mondragon, making him the oldest ever World Cup player in the process, was positive, it rubbed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Didi Hamann up the wrong way.
Not only did Hamann think it was disrespectful to Japan but, rather extraordinarily, he also that bad karma from the substitution might have a negative effect on the team!
He debated the matter with Richard Sadlier and Kenny Cunningham, who agreed with Hamann and quipped that Mondragon was probably riddled with arthritis!
Watch Live Stream
- James Rodriguez has a dig at Real Madrid whilst with Colombia [Sport]April 1st, 2016
- Sebastian Perez scores amazing Zlatan-esque golazo for Colombia v Ecuador (Video)March 29th, 2016
- Venezuela’s Daniuska Rodriguez scored an insane solo goal v Colombia at U17 Championships (...March 16th, 2016
- Colombia 0 – Argentina 1: Lucas Biglia’s first half goal proves decisive (Highlights)November 18th, 2015
- Leicester forward Shinji Okazaki scored a lovely goal for Japan v Afghanistan (Video)March 24th, 2016
- Dancing feet: Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa scores tremendous goal for Japan (Video)September 8th, 2015
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)September 4th, 2015
- Hilarious keeper blunder in Japan leads to ridiculous Kashiwa Reysol own goal (Video)July 30th, 2015