Didi Hamann says Colombia bringing on Mondragon was disrespectful to Japan [Video]
- June 26, 2014
The RTE panel are genuinely an entertaining bunch when they’re analysing matches and in the aftermath of Colombia’s game with Japan the other night more strong opinions were aired.
While most of the reaction to Colombia bringing on sub goalkeeper Mondragon, making him the oldest ever World Cup player in the process, was positive, it rubbed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Didi Hamann up the wrong way.
Not only did Hamann think it was disrespectful to Japan but, rather extraordinarily, he also that bad karma from the substitution might have a negative effect on the team!
He debated the matter with Richard Sadlier and Kenny Cunningham, who agreed with Hamann and quipped that Mondragon was probably riddled with arthritis!
- Lionel Messi shows why he’s the world’s best dribbler versus Colombia [GIF]
- Argentina v Colombia: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- James Rodriguez shows his class again to another young Colombia fan [video]
- Colombia 0 – Peru 0: Stalemate sends both nations into the quarterfinals [Officia...
- Chelsea fans urge Mourinho to veto Radamel Falcao deal after awful Colombia display [Be...
- Colombia & Real Madrid star James “Control Freak” Rodriguez features i...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...