Didi Hamann says Colombia bringing on Mondragon was disrespectful to Japan [Video]
- June 26, 2014
The RTE panel are genuinely an entertaining bunch when they’re analysing matches and in the aftermath of Colombia’s game with Japan the other night more strong opinions were aired.
While most of the reaction to Colombia bringing on sub goalkeeper Mondragon, making him the oldest ever World Cup player in the process, was positive, it rubbed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Didi Hamann up the wrong way.
Not only did Hamann think it was disrespectful to Japan but, rather extraordinarily, he also that bad karma from the substitution might have a negative effect on the team!
He debated the matter with Richard Sadlier and Kenny Cunningham, who agreed with Hamann and quipped that Mondragon was probably riddled with arthritis!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]