Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal? (Video & GIF)
- January 20, 2013
When Ramires won Chelsea’s penalty in the 16th minute of their 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, it didn’t look like being the game winning goal.
Chelsea were all over Arsenal and dominated the first half with the Gunners looking rather poor. At first glance it also looked like a clear foul from Wojciech Szczęsny, who could have been sent off for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.
On Sky Sports, during their half-time analysis, super pundit Gary Neville called out Ramires for a “dive” and from certain angles it doesn’t look good from the Brazilian.
G Nev also added that “Ramires was intelligent in winning that penalty.” And, whilst Arsenal fans may be disappointed in referee Martin Atkinson’s decision, they would also expect their players to go down under the same circumstances.
It was a crucial decision that subsequently decided a hard fought London derby: Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal?
Video and GIF of the incident below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...