Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal? (Video & GIF)
- January 20, 2013
When Ramires won Chelsea’s penalty in the 16th minute of their 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, it didn’t look like being the game winning goal.
Chelsea were all over Arsenal and dominated the first half with the Gunners looking rather poor. At first glance it also looked like a clear foul from Wojciech Szczęsny, who could have been sent off for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.
On Sky Sports, during their half-time analysis, super pundit Gary Neville called out Ramires for a “dive” and from certain angles it doesn’t look good from the Brazilian.
G Nev also added that “Ramires was intelligent in winning that penalty.” And, whilst Arsenal fans may be disappointed in referee Martin Atkinson’s decision, they would also expect their players to go down under the same circumstances.
It was a crucial decision that subsequently decided a hard fought London derby: Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal?
Video and GIF of the incident below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...