- Kazuyoshi Miura (48) scores second goal of the season in Japanese 2nd tier [Video]
- The best Tweets as Aston Villa beat Liverpool 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final
- Steven Gerrard slammed by Liverpool fans after FA Cup defeat to Aston Villa [Best Tweets]
- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal? (Video & GIF)
- January 20, 2013
When Ramires won Chelsea’s penalty in the 16th minute of their 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, it didn’t look like being the game winning goal.
Chelsea were all over Arsenal and dominated the first half with the Gunners looking rather poor. At first glance it also looked like a clear foul from Wojciech Szczęsny, who could have been sent off for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.
On Sky Sports, during their half-time analysis, super pundit Gary Neville called out Ramires for a “dive” and from certain angles it doesn’t look good from the Brazilian.
G Nev also added that “Ramires was intelligent in winning that penalty.” And, whilst Arsenal fans may be disappointed in referee Martin Atkinson’s decision, they would also expect their players to go down under the same circumstances.
It was a crucial decision that subsequently decided a hard fought London derby: Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal?
Video and GIF of the incident below.