- Southampton’s Pablo Osvaldo pranks Inter’s Gary Medel with an exploding pen [Video]
- La Masia Barcelona top 5 youth goals of the week ft. a solo golazo at No.1 [Video]
- BOO!!!!! Man City fans howled at the UEFA anthem in protest before Bayern game [Fan Cams]
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 2014: Defenders shortlist ft. 2 Chelsea & 2 Man City
- Herrera & Rothwell (2) lead Man United U21s to 5-0 win over Blackburn [Highlights]
Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal? (Video & GIF)
When Ramires won Chelsea’s penalty in the 16th minute of their 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, it didn’t look like being the game winning goal.
Chelsea were all over Arsenal and dominated the first half with the Gunners looking rather poor. At first glance it also looked like a clear foul from Wojciech Szczęsny, who could have been sent off for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.
On Sky Sports, during their half-time analysis, super pundit Gary Neville called out Ramires for a “dive” and from certain angles it doesn’t look good from the Brazilian.
G Nev also added that “Ramires was intelligent in winning that penalty.” And, whilst Arsenal fans may be disappointed in referee Martin Atkinson’s decision, they would also expect their players to go down under the same circumstances.
It was a crucial decision that subsequently decided a hard fought London derby: Did Ramires dive to win Chelsea’s penalty v Arsenal?
Video and GIF of the incident below.
- Updated: January 20, 2013