Did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan? (Liverpool 3 – Zenit 1)
- February 21, 2013
Controversy seems to follow Liverpool talisman Luis Suarez on a regular basis and Thursday night was no different.
Suarez was inspirational as Liverpool came mighty close to an epic turnaround after being 3-0 down on aggregate in just the 19th minute of the second leg against Zenit.
The Uruguayan striker scored two free-kicks, the second a real beauty, as Liverpool stormed back into it against a very capable Russian side.
Yet, despite Suarez’s heroics, an unsavoury late incident saw football fans on social networks immediately criticise the Liverpool hitman whilst fans of the Merseyside giants supported their star striker.
Suarez stamps on the back of Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan. No one can deny that.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers did not see the incident worthy of even a booking.
The question is, please keep it nice and gentle in the comments below, did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan???
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...