Did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan? (Liverpool 3 – Zenit 1)
- February 21, 2013
Controversy seems to follow Liverpool talisman Luis Suarez on a regular basis and Thursday night was no different.
Suarez was inspirational as Liverpool came mighty close to an epic turnaround after being 3-0 down on aggregate in just the 19th minute of the second leg against Zenit.
The Uruguayan striker scored two free-kicks, the second a real beauty, as Liverpool stormed back into it against a very capable Russian side.
Yet, despite Suarez’s heroics, an unsavoury late incident saw football fans on social networks immediately criticise the Liverpool hitman whilst fans of the Merseyside giants supported their star striker.
Suarez stamps on the back of Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan. No one can deny that.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers did not see the incident worthy of even a booking.
The question is, please keep it nice and gentle in the comments below, did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan???
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]