- Spurs should have been awarded a penalty for a Wayne Rooney foul on Harry Kane [Pictures]
- Barcelona & Mundo Deportivo troll readers by releasing fake 2016-2017 Barca kit [Photo]
- Southampton v Chelsea [Team Sheets]
- Chelsea linked to £7.8m Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric as Blues send reps to Croatia
- Linked to Arsenal, Sevilla’s Grzegorz Krychowiak confirms he’s signed for an English club [Tweets]
Did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan? (Liverpool 3 – Zenit 1)
Controversy seems to follow Liverpool talisman Luis Suarez on a regular basis and Thursday night was no different.
Suarez was inspirational as Liverpool came mighty close to an epic turnaround after being 3-0 down on aggregate in just the 19th minute of the second leg against Zenit.
The Uruguayan striker scored two free-kicks, the second a real beauty, as Liverpool stormed back into it against a very capable Russian side.
Yet, despite Suarez’s heroics, an unsavoury late incident saw football fans on social networks immediately criticise the Liverpool hitman whilst fans of the Merseyside giants supported their star striker.
Suarez stamps on the back of Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan. No one can deny that.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers did not see the incident worthy of even a booking.
The question is, please keep it nice and gentle in the comments below, did Luis Suarez deliberately stamp on Tomas Hubocan???
- Updated: February 21, 2013