- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
Did Lionel Messi throw a punch at Jonathan Vila? (Barcelona 3 – Celta Vigo 1)
- November 5, 2012
After the birth of his son Thiago on Friday night, Lionel Messi prepared for the Nou Camp clash with Celta Vigo by stuffing a dummy down his socks.
Despite being Lionel Messi, with 10 goals in his previous 7 matches, the Barcelona forward failed to score and the pacifier stayed in his socks and may well only be seen in his next game at Celtic on Wednesday in the Champions League.
Footage has also emerged of a frustrated Lionel Messi, from the win over Celta Vigo, appearing to throw a punch at opposition midfielder Jonathan Vila.
It seems rather unlikely that Messi did throw a punch at an opposing player, it would be the first time in his career this would have ever happened and it was not spotted by any of the officials at the time.
Nevertheless, in the internet age, the video below is beginning to go viral with some suggesting Messi tried to punch Vila after losing control of the ball.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”255824″]