Did Homer Simpson prophesize Neymar’s injury v Colombia? [Video]
- July 8, 2014
Last Friday night, Brazil’s golden boy Neymar left the pitch on a stretcher, his World Cup ended by a brutal knee into the back from Colombia’s Juan Zuniga.
Despite the recklessness of the tackle, Zuniga wasn’t sent off, let alone booked.
Was this all prophsized by Homer Simpson?
As Slate have highlighted, the recent World Cup episode of the Simpsons, aired just last April ahead of the tournament, created a scene that was eerily prophetic of Neymar’s injury.
With Homer as referee at the World Cup, Brazil’s ‘El Divo’ – their star man with a penchant for diving – goes down in the box.
Ref Homer examines El Divo’s prone state, and rules ‘No penalty’.
El Divo (Neymar?) is stretchered off, yet Homer remains steadfast in his belief that there was no foul – a bit like how many felt Neymar was playacting after having his spine fractured by Zuniga, deeming it a case of ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’….
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...