Did Homer Simpson prophesize Neymar’s injury v Colombia? [Video]
- July 8, 2014
Last Friday night, Brazil’s golden boy Neymar left the pitch on a stretcher, his World Cup ended by a brutal knee into the back from Colombia’s Juan Zuniga.
Despite the recklessness of the tackle, Zuniga wasn’t sent off, let alone booked.
Was this all prophsized by Homer Simpson?
As Slate have highlighted, the recent World Cup episode of the Simpsons, aired just last April ahead of the tournament, created a scene that was eerily prophetic of Neymar’s injury.
With Homer as referee at the World Cup, Brazil’s ‘El Divo’ – their star man with a penchant for diving – goes down in the box.
Ref Homer examines El Divo’s prone state, and rules ‘No penalty’.
El Divo (Neymar?) is stretchered off, yet Homer remains steadfast in his belief that there was no foul – a bit like how many felt Neymar was playacting after having his spine fractured by Zuniga, deeming it a case of ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’….
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Brazil v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi