- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Did Gareth Bale score his best Champions League goal for Real Madrid v Schalke?
Gareth Bale hasn’t played that much Champions League football, but there is no doubt he reserves some of his best goals for the premier European competition.
His performances against Inter Milan for Tottenham will remain legendary at White Hart Lane and beyond.
With that hat-trick in the first game at the San Siro producing two of the finest goals of Bale’s career.
It will no doubt be debated far and wide and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Bale were to score many more Champions League beauties.
Tonight’s Golazo v Schalke was a wriggly, solo Golazo of brilliant proportions unlike many of the long range howitzers we associate with the Welsh forward, like the strike versus Elche on Saturday.
Admire Bale’s Golazo v Schalke on the GIF above and Vine video below. Followed by that hat-trick versus Inter Milan.
- Updated: February 26, 2014