- AC Milan outsider Philippe Mexes: ‘My objective now is to embarrass those who badmouth me’
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere begins his ankle recovery in bed with Sky Sports News [Instagram]
- Robin van Persie may leave Man United to join Inter Milan for £10m [Telegraph]
- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
Did Edinson Cavani score a BETTER goal than Zlatan for PSG v Bastia? [GIF & video]
One thing we can all agree on is the fact that the two best Ligue 1 goals of the 2013/2014 season were likely scored this afternoon in PSG’s 4-0 demolition of Bastia.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic got things rolling with a Taekwondo back heel Golazo that was simply stunning but very much part of the Swedish striker’s playbook.
In the second half, Cavani took matters into his own hands with two goals, the second a penalty and his opener (PSG’s third) was just sensational.
Bearing in mind Cavani replaced Zlatan for the second half, this was almost the perfect outcome for PSG coach Laurent Blanc.
Cavani took the ball down on the left hand side and beat a defender before skinning the goalie with a beautiful pull back and then somehow finding the net despite two Bastia players on the line.
Better than Zlatan’s? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- Updated: October 19, 2013