- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Did Cristiano Ronaldo refuse to swap his shirt with the Israel players?
Arguably the best World Cup qualifier played on Friday, was the 3-3 draw between Portugal and Israel.
Israel would have blown the chase for second in Group F wide open had they held on to a 3-1 lead with just 20 minutes to go.
But, Cristiano Ronaldo burst through to set up Portugal’s second scored by Helder Postiga and the away side grabbed a comical late equaliser through Fabio Coentrao with Israeli keeper Dudu Awat failing to cover himself in glory.
In the lead up to the game in the Holy Land, we pointed out how Cristiano Ronaldo’s Facebook page became rather political when the Real Madrid star posted a picture from Tel Aviv beach.
The clip below, of Ronaldo apparently refusing to swap his shirt with Israeli players at the end of the 3-3 draw has been seized upon by pro Palestinian websites as proof that the former Manchester United forward supports their cause.
Previously in November 2012, it was claimed that Ronaldo donated €1.5 million to Palestinian children in Gaza. This followed another supposed donation he made in 2011 to raising funds for schools in Gaza.
- Updated: March 24, 2013