Did Cristiano Ronaldo refuse to swap his shirt with the Israel players?
- March 24, 2013
Arguably the best World Cup qualifier played on Friday, was the 3-3 draw between Portugal and Israel.
Israel would have blown the chase for second in Group F wide open had they held on to a 3-1 lead with just 20 minutes to go.
But, Cristiano Ronaldo burst through to set up Portugal’s second scored by Helder Postiga and the away side grabbed a comical late equaliser through Fabio Coentrao with Israeli keeper Dudu Awat failing to cover himself in glory.
In the lead up to the game in the Holy Land, we pointed out how Cristiano Ronaldo’s Facebook page became rather political when the Real Madrid star posted a picture from Tel Aviv beach.
The clip below, of Ronaldo apparently refusing to swap his shirt with Israeli players at the end of the 3-3 draw has been seized upon by pro Palestinian websites as proof that the former Manchester United forward supports their cause.
Previously in November 2012, it was claimed that Ronaldo donated €1.5 million to Palestinian children in Gaza. This followed another supposed donation he made in 2011 to raising funds for schools in Gaza.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...