Did Cristiano Ronaldo deliberately pick up a yellow card??? (Portugal 1 – Israel 1)
Portugal’s 1-1 draw with Israel was a bit of a nightmare for Cristiano Ronaldo and his team mates.
Dropping two points to a team that had little to play for thanks to an 85th minute Eden Ben Basat goal means Russia are in pole position in the group and Ronaldo failed to keep his cool throughout.
First off, the Real Madrid forward could well have received his marching orders with just 14 minutes on the clock for a dangerous kick into the air.
And, there was also controversy late on as Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to pick up a deliberate booking in the final few seconds thereby ensuring a suspension for the game against Luxembourg on Tuesday that effectively looks like a dead rubber.
As a result, Ronaldo will be free of any potential suspension over his head for the two-legged play-off that could see Portugal play France, Croatia, Sweden or England/Ukraine.
After the draw against Israel, Ronaldo was pushed on whether he deliberately picked up the yellow card for booting the ball away under the nose of referee Tom Hagen:
“I can’t talk about that. FIFA is always very attentive to those situations. The play-off is the most important and I don’t want to be out. I will be at those two matches.”
See the booking for yourself on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Cristiano Ronaldo takes his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to watch Real Madrid v DeportivoDecember 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo dyes hair ahead of Monday’s Ballon d’Or awardsDecember 10, 2016
- Fabio Coentrao scarpers after failing to nutmeg Cristiano Ronaldo (Video)December 9, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo releases tax forms which reveal just how enormously wealthy he isDecember 9, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo on crying at the Euro 2016 final & how France were ‘six times’ better than Portugal [France Football]November 22, 2016
- Lip readers weren’t needed to decipher Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to penalty missNovember 14, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo scores two goals for Portugal (Videos)November 13, 2016