- Tottenham stars Eriksen & Dier take on Townsend & Bentaleb in FIFA 15 tournament [Video]
- Spoof! Arsenal fans produce a ‘say thanks’ Facebook video for Arsene Wenger [talkSPORT]
- Injured Arsenal star Mesut Ozil wishes Danny Welbeck Happy Birthday & a CL win [Screenshot]
- Don’t try & shoot! Dom Telford scores from 30 yards for Blackpool youth v Shrewsbury Town
- Kyle Walker takes part in spectacular Spurs rondo game; Harry Kane messes up [Video]
Did Cristiano Ronaldo deliberately pick up a yellow card??? (Portugal 1 – Israel 1)
Portugal’s 1-1 draw with Israel was a bit of a nightmare for Cristiano Ronaldo and his team mates.
Dropping two points to a team that had little to play for thanks to an 85th minute Eden Ben Basat goal means Russia are in pole position in the group and Ronaldo failed to keep his cool throughout.
First off, the Real Madrid forward could well have received his marching orders with just 14 minutes on the clock for a dangerous kick into the air.
And, there was also controversy late on as Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to pick up a deliberate booking in the final few seconds thereby ensuring a suspension for the game against Luxembourg on Tuesday that effectively looks like a dead rubber.
As a result, Ronaldo will be free of any potential suspension over his head for the two-legged play-off that could see Portugal play France, Croatia, Sweden or England/Ukraine.
After the draw against Israel, Ronaldo was pushed on whether he deliberately picked up the yellow card for booting the ball away under the nose of referee Tom Hagen:
“I can’t talk about that. FIFA is always very attentive to those situations. The play-off is the most important and I don’t want to be out. I will be at those two matches.”
See the booking for yourself on the video below.
- Updated: October 12, 2013