Detroit City FC had a special halftime show as two supporters got married in the middle of the pitch
- June 24, 2013
An amazing scene played out during the halftime break of Detroit City FC’s 4-0 win over Buffalo last weekend,as two supporters got married in the centre-circle.
With the crowd chanting “Lets get f***ing married!” as smoke bombs were dropped in the stands accompanied by the sound of police sirens, Le Rouge diehards Alex Spawr and Katie Forzley tied the knot in unforgettable fashion.
As detailed by mlive.com:
The Spawrs, a couple for nearly 11 years since meeting in high school, have been diehard Le Rouge fans since the team’s forming in 2012 and belong to a group of rowdy fans sometimes referred to as “hooligans,” who call themselves the Northern Guard Supporters.
Detroit City FC is a minor league soccer team that plays in the National Premier Soccer League’s Midwest Great Lakes Conference.
Fan video of the ceremony can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...