Detroit City FC had a special halftime show as two supporters got married in the middle of the pitch
- June 24, 2013
An amazing scene played out during the halftime break of Detroit City FC’s 4-0 win over Buffalo last weekend,as two supporters got married in the centre-circle.
With the crowd chanting “Lets get f***ing married!” as smoke bombs were dropped in the stands accompanied by the sound of police sirens, Le Rouge diehards Alex Spawr and Katie Forzley tied the knot in unforgettable fashion.
As detailed by mlive.com:
The Spawrs, a couple for nearly 11 years since meeting in high school, have been diehard Le Rouge fans since the team’s forming in 2012 and belong to a group of rowdy fans sometimes referred to as “hooligans,” who call themselves the Northern Guard Supporters.
Detroit City FC is a minor league soccer team that plays in the National Premier Soccer League’s Midwest Great Lakes Conference.
Fan video of the ceremony can be seen below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...