Despite Wenger saying he doesn’t want Vucinic, the Sundays Telegraph & Mail say Arsenal want Juve striker
- January 18, 2014
After Arsenal beat Fulham 2-0 in the Premier League on Saturday, journalists rushed into Arsene Wenger’s presser with one big topic on their mind: is Mirko Vucinic coming to the Emirates in January.
Wenger replied to the latest transfer speculation saying:
We are looking at potential possibilities for us to get someone in, but we are not especially in for Vucinic… Some people have visual capacities that I don’t have. We are not on any special case. I would love to announce something that would excite you and me, but I don’t have the possibility to do it.
It seems the words “we are not especially in for Vucinic” have been translated by the Sunday Telegraph and Mail on Sunday have a green light that the deal for the Montegrin is on.
The Telegraph shouts “Wenger lines up move for Vucinic”, while the Mail echoes those sentiments with the healdines “Wenger targets Juventus star – Arsenal want loan deal for striker Vucinic.”
According to the Mail, Vucinic is now available as the forward, 30, has now falling behind Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in the pecking order in Turin, however the problem in the Gunners getting the striker is money.
Juventus want to get Vucinic off their books entirely, however t he Bianconeri are demanding 10 million pounds for veteran centre-forward. That’s reportedly too rich for Arsenal.
Vucinic has scored two Serie A goals in 8 appearances this season (only four starts), while last campaign the attacker registered 10 goals in 30 games in the Italian top flight.
Copies of the backpages of the Sundays Telegraph & Mail are below.
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi