Despite Wenger saying he doesn’t want Vucinic, the Sundays Telegraph & Mail say Arsenal want Juve striker
After Arsenal beat Fulham 2-0 in the Premier League on Saturday, journalists rushed into Arsene Wenger’s presser with one big topic on their mind: is Mirko Vucinic coming to the Emirates in January.
Wenger replied to the latest transfer speculation saying:
We are looking at potential possibilities for us to get someone in, but we are not especially in for Vucinic… Some people have visual capacities that I don’t have. We are not on any special case. I would love to announce something that would excite you and me, but I don’t have the possibility to do it.
It seems the words “we are not especially in for Vucinic” have been translated by the Sunday Telegraph and Mail on Sunday have a green light that the deal for the Montegrin is on.
The Telegraph shouts “Wenger lines up move for Vucinic”, while the Mail echoes those sentiments with the healdines “Wenger targets Juventus star – Arsenal want loan deal for striker Vucinic.”
According to the Mail, Vucinic is now available as the forward, 30, has now falling behind Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in the pecking order in Turin, however the problem in the Gunners getting the striker is money.
Juventus want to get Vucinic off their books entirely, however t he Bianconeri are demanding 10 million pounds for veteran centre-forward. That’s reportedly too rich for Arsenal.
Vucinic has scored two Serie A goals in 8 appearances this season (only four starts), while last campaign the attacker registered 10 goals in 30 games in the Italian top flight.
Copies of the backpages of the Sundays Telegraph & Mail are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans weren’t happy to see Stan Kroenke at the Boro game [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans praise Petr Cech for brilliant saves in first half v Middlesbrough [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere speaks after finally playing 90 minutes for Bournemouth (Video)October 22, 2016
- Calum Chambers uploads vague good luck post on InstagramOctober 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- PSG star agrees to join Juventus at end of the season [Tuttosport]October 21, 2016
- Paulo Dybala reveals that Juventus rejected massive offer for him from Barcelona [Calcio Mercato]October 20, 2016
- Man City CEO reveals Juventus star wants move to work with Pep GuardiolaOctober 19, 2016
- Everton and Tottenham are looking at signing Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]May 12, 2014
- Mad! Mark Clattenburg sends off subs Juve’s Vucinic & Benfica’s Markovic for tussling pitchside [Video]May 1, 2014
- Mirko Vucinic takes himself off the market, rules out move to Arsenal [Sky Italia]January 30, 2014
- Arsenal agree terms with Juventus to loan striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]January 29, 2014